Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 12:38AM

You can leave the cult but it can't leave you alone. Indeed.

I've moved to India a month ago, work related, and have been settling in physically and mentally. So, here I am getting a feel for the country and what do I find online? That there's a township in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) West Bengal called Bidhannagar which residents orginally and fondly refer to as "Salt Lake City". Riiiight, talk about the cult following you around. And yes, the city is built right on atop a salt water lake, is an IT and related industries hub.

I don't know that there are any Mormons living there. I believe they're still mostly Hindu and Muslim around those parts. Sweet irony if you ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bishop Rick ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 12:57AM

Was in Calcutta in 2000 for a week, coming in from Nepal/Darjeeling on my way to Bodhgaya. You should go to Bodhgaya, by the way, being Buddhist and all.

Not much good I can remember about Calcutta but it did have some OK botannical gardens and some big museums. Other than that, just the normal human sidewalk-shit and piss and dogs eating corpses and the rest of the daily life in India.

I wonder if "Salt Lake City" india has a nice semi-alpine canyon you can run and jog and bike through just like it's namesake. I'm guessing not.

Try to steer clear of the Thuggees. And I mean that.

BR

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 01:03AM

No wonder people yearn for nirvana.

Ana

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 01:47AM

And it makes wonderful sense. Moving the church to India and having all the ward members do all the cleaning as usual is a great way to earn back want it costs to build a giant mall.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 02:33AM

i've heard that the mormon church outsourced its call center to india to save money for their new shopping mall.

my sources say that all people answering chats from mormon.org are in india actually.

just watch for the names joseph smith sing, sukesh young, rajesh taylor...

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 02:41AM

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 02:50AM

yeah no kidding...i love my original curry the way it is!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.