Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: buddyjoe ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 01:39AM

Question to the experts.
My wife and I were just talking about Mormonism.
I make it short.
Adam was God. Jesus was chosen and built the earth.
OK we all were born before and waited to come to earth.

Now asked me my wife what the TBM answer was, why God (Adam) committed the sin and get kicked out of the paradise. Who or which God kicked God out of the paradise.
I can’t remember was the TBM answer was! Sure is bogus but the answer would be nice.
Thx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MrZ ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 01:57AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam%E2%80%93God_doctrine

According to the doctrine, Adam was once a mortal man who became resurrected and exalted. From another planet, Adam brought Eve, one of his wives, with him to the earth, where they became mortal by eating the fruit of the Garden of Eden. After bearing mortal children and establishing the human race, they returned to their heavenly thrones..

- So what! Whats wrong with this theory? Nothing, considering every theory out has the same probable cause. It's a 50/50 chance. Brigham like Joseph had a wild imagination, and thats fine. The above theory is possible. Where I have problems is their greed for power, injustice, hate and disgusting acts of abuse towards women.

Posted by: MrZ ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 02:02AM

/Agree it does not mix well with Joseph's temple presentation.

-Perhaps Lucifer was the god of this world and Adam/Eve needed to become corrupt/mingle with the DNA of mankind to enter and survive on this planet? Wow, I think i just scared myself. haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 02:04AM by MrZ.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 05:16AM

I don't know the details of Joseph's temple presentation, it's lost in the mists of time. But the temple presentation that the LDS did when they moved to Utah was revised and amplified by Brigham Young and contained the Adam-God doctrine. The Adam-God stuff was removed when Joseph Fielding Smith became president. He had been a missionary comp of Orson Pratt who argued strongly against BY's Adam-God doctrine from both scriptures and from his learning from JS. BY, however, claimed he got the Adam-God doctrine from JS.

Date: September 11, 2011 02:10AM

Thank you for your answer.
So I had it not really right in my mind anymore. That's OK.

Gread for money and power over others corrupts. They fly higher and higher. Noyhing new really even today show actors, singers, politicians, Gurus etc.. Like a child tryes to find out the boundaries.
I make a bed on it. JS and his buddies could not believe what power they had gained and what they were able to do to people.
Sex, money and power turns still the world.
They became megalomaniacs.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 02:42AM

the word "God" is a name-title.

Mormons 'have all the answers' don't they?

EXCEPT, that is that some (much?) of the info they put out... Just doesn't make sense!
for instance...How could 'God' appear to Adam in the Garden? Same Person!

the 'answer' to Adam- God? (cough) Well, this was revealed to BY...BUT: 'it was never adapted by the church' (apol/GA response)

So there U have it: ChurchCo has Veto Power over God's revelations!

sound like Musical Chairs?! You Bet!

hint: ChurchCo specializes in Ambiguity!

My Answer: BY was smokin some Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrful stuff, and it weren't tabbacky!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 02:46AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 02:59AM

My parents always said that it was necessary for them to eat the fruit. They had to sin so that we could come to earth or have choices or some bs. It was part of god's plan.

Date: September 11, 2011 10:27AM

blacksheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My parents always said that it was necessary for
> them to eat the fruit. They had to sin so that we
> could come to earth or have choices or some bs. It
> was part of god's plan.

Very interesting viewpoint for a Christian.
The most don’t know but it says:
Elli could not handle his own matters. So he needed the Serpent to help him out.
Elli is bad because he denied the humans to be human and the Serpent helped us out.

@guynoirprivateeye
Gad, Goth, God, Gott is a title.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.