Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 09:11PM

well, at least mentally! They haven't been going to church for years but they still believed in it, until I kept telling them things about church history, and it really got them thinking! So my work here is done. :) Except with my sister. That's another story. She is so heavily indoctrinated it would take a miracle to get her out. I doubt they will resign but that's okay.

So to everyone here, what are the top 5 things a person still in the church should think about or research?

Mine would be the Book of Abraham, the true history of polygamy (polyandry, young children married), Joseph Smith's true character (money digging, treasure hunting), there's much more but I can't think real well right now.

I figure that maybe the next time I talk to her, I can squeeze some facts in for her to think about. Slowly but surely, just like my parents, I think I can get her to question more things. It's just a matter of thinking for yourself. (Which she's never done.)

My parents told me to leave it alone and not argue, but I'm not arguing. I know she's happy, but doesn't she have a right to know everything I've found out as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 09:12PM by fancypants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 09:15PM

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 09:20PM

I actually did with my parents! But they already knew about it lol. I don't know how much of an impact that would make with my TBM sister though.

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: September 11, 2011 09:25PM

okay Gordo

Mark Hoffman

but that's enough.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.