Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FunnyGirl ( )
Date: September 14, 2011 03:02AM

It would be nice to know that I'm not alone here! I feel like I'm surrounded by the moremonies!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: no-mo-mo ( )
Date: September 14, 2011 04:19AM

I've been there and am vaguely familiar with the place. Really just a suburb of Phx these days. Nice antique row.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 14, 2011 04:55AM

Try living in east Mesa. Talk about being surrounded! I'm actually considering moving to the west side because I can't stand the high concentration of TBMs over here. Although having grown up in the east valley, I sort of have an uppity attitude about the west valley (that I'm really trying to overcome).

You are not alone!

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 14, 2011 07:23AM

I went to grad school there in the early 80's. Thunderbird.

Ron

Posted by: nadamo ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 09:03AM

Ron~ I used to live at 43/Thunderbird until '93. I remember AGSIM. Has the name changed? I wasn't aware of any mormons in my neighborhood at the time. Or Catholics. Or Jews. Or JW's. We were all just neighbors and part of the community. I live in the EV now, and get so tired of hearing "Do you know so and so? They're in my ward" Ugh....

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 09:11AM

Yep, it's now The Thunderbird School of International Management (no longer AGSIM). We lived on Olive @ 59th is some rathole appartments. I don't remember much except that's where we were when SWK and the boys issued the "no oral sex" letter which flew like a lead balloon. It was quickly retracted.

My wife at the time was (and still is) uber-TBM and said as we exited our TR interview (where the SP asked if we partook of oral sex) "that's total bullshit!". I almost peed my pants laughing.

ron

Posted by: Trollahstatus ( )
Date: September 14, 2011 01:03PM

I live in Phx, but pretty close to Glendale. Sounds like you had a stroke of bad luck in picking your neighborhood... :/ I don't think most of Glendale is like that?

Date: September 16, 2011 02:00AM

I would say so. Not a lot of LDS in the Phoenix area or the west valley. They tend to stick to the east valley. But thankfully they are moving away from the older neighborhoods in Mesa and out to Gilbert and Queen Creek.

The further from me the better.

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 02:55AM

The Phoenix Temple will be in NW Phoenix, not far from Glendale. For what that's worth.

Date: September 16, 2011 03:06AM

Temples have nothing to do with the membership. Most sit unused. They are real estate investments. As far as membership use, the Phoenix temple makes as much sense as building a temple in Rome. Oh wait...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.