Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: September 14, 2011 10:45PM

Given the way that ordinary worker-bee members of the Church adulate and idolize the General Authorities, I suspect that there are all kinds of freebies lavished upon them. The use of Huntsman's private jet is probably just the most conspicuous of these.

I doubt that we'll ever know the extent of it. But it seems naive to think that they don't. Things like use of resort condominiums, vacation homes, donated labor (e.g. plumbing, tree removal, landscaping) for upkeep and maintenance of a GA's private property, job and educational opportunities for GA kids or other relatives, concert tickets, tickets to sports events, restaurant vouchers....

Maybe I'm off base. But I seriously suspect that the GAs are tapped into a huge pipeline of freebies--all based on their GA status.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 03:36PM

They don't pay for anything, have a limitless credit card, and get worshiped by their their adoring subjects.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 03:41PM

From what I heard form COB employee all "property" that belongs to the Church, is maintained by the Church.. That also includes the homes and vehicles. All travel expenses including hotels and incidental expenses like suits from Mr Mac.

JB

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 03:48PM

Don't forget that their kids get free tuition at BYU - that's huge for the large LDS families!

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 03:57PM

I got their freebie right here in my pants and it's winkin' at 'em.

Ron

Posted by: Boyd and Tom ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 07:31PM

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 04:43PM

Polygamy......huge freebie, free for all, freaking freak-fest. Time to get your kink on. My theory is that its "The third endowment"

Ego...... Those dudes have an Ego the size of the state of Texas....."bow down and kiss my ring.....You are now forgiven." Who else gets to speak for Jesus like that in this life? It's invigorating, powerful, aphrodisiac. Better than viagara.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 04:57PM

It's only the top 15 who get access to the whole kaboodle.

Last we heard, the GAs below that had to file expense reports to get reimbursed and had daily spending limits like any other middle manager.

You have to get to the top of the pyramid to really reap rewards.

Date: September 15, 2011 10:12PM

And I'm sure that among the Seventies some are "more equal than the other" if you know what I mean. There are those who are favored, connected and taken care of and there are those who are the workhorses taking care of the most tedious administrative chores.

Posted by: anon4this1 ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 09:21PM

Elder Hales once visited my parents who were living on a rather exclusive and elite golf club to play a round. My parents didn't know Elder **** (an apostle) personally. I guess the SP just called and asked if he they could take Elder **** as a guest for the day. Since it's a private club, you couldn't get on without a member.

Now I don't know what he did with the rest of his time, but I'm sure he could go around and play all the nicest courses on the members' dime if he wanted to, using the local SP's as travel agents. It's a great free vacation.

To Elder ****'s credit, when I met him, he claimed that he only had 1 week off a year for vacation and he liked to spend that golfing. By the way he golfed, I could say he hasn't been getting in as many rounds as he liked.

Date: September 15, 2011 10:19PM

for a GA in the Big 15. They may tell people that they only get "1 week" of vacation a year. But who's going to fact check such a thing. They could even have a policy manual or something that says they get 1 week, but how would it be enforced. I'm sure that if they want to take some personal time, they can do it. If they don't feel well, they can take down time. It's not like they're going to get fired. They can also do a lot of piggybacking--take an "official" trip and stretch it out to include some personal free time.

The "brethren" are always promoting this image of themselves as being tireless workers. I'm sure that their own ambition keeps them doing a lot and they love what they do--because what they do is speak to crowds of adoring fans who hang on their every word. But they have the power to control their own schedules to a degree that most people do not.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 08:03AM

The benefits extend to their families as well. As a GA, you might even be able to get your son appointed to be a university president despite his lack of academic or administrative qualifications.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 08:26AM

Wouldn't I be? If there are people paying titing for my company and I have little to none scrutiny, (all internal). Comeon Man!!!

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 09:21AM

I want to be a 12, like it's mentioned before, good salary, solid fan base, lots of perks from the Corporation and the adoring fans personal whatevers, work the hours you want, prepare your own schedule, travel the world and never get autided or fired. Except I'm a woman and women can only hope to marry someone who will be a 12.

D

Posted by: Valiantnomore ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 12:25PM

Does anyone know anything about GA salaries, etc. I've always been curious how much these guys get paid at the different levels.

Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 02:13PM

The real monetary perks come from sitting on Boards of large corporations with compensation and doing no actual work. Don't forget book deals.

Posted by: spencerljensen ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 07:22PM

Zero...Point...Zero.

So who's laughing now, bitch?!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.