Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 02:00PM

When I went there their was a plot of land across the street owned by the college that was being unused. I heard from some people that the college was saving it to sell to the morg for temple land. It's sad that the college is trying to support the mormon church if the rumor is true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eviltemptress ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 07:50PM

Where is this land supposed to be? And when were you there? I graduated from there in 2006 and, between me and my husband, lived for more than a decade in Price before leaving in 2008. Around the entire campus I can't think of any empty land. The closest would be the vacant lot behind where the Sonic used to be, but that is owned by a local businessman, not the college.

On another note, I can't see a temple being built in Price, there just aren't enough Mormons. Carbon County is very proud of its Catholic and Greek roots. Plus Manti and Vernal are both close. Utah County it isn't.

On the off chance I ever had to live in Utah again, Price is the only place I would live. Salt Lake wouldn't be too bad, but I would need at least an hours drive between me and my in-laws and I couldn't get that on the Watsach Front.

And, just for reference, it isn't the College of Eastern Utah any more, it has been absorbed by USU and is now called USU Eastern.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.