Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 03:25PM

http://www.mormonstruth.org/LDSoccult.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 07:04PM by get her done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 04:01PM

What the FUCK is THAT all about?

Look out! The Lizard People are coming!

Oh, good grief! Please tell me that is a satirical site?

Date: September 17, 2011 06:53PM

Jod....your article was better than mine and very comprehensive. Thanks

Date: September 17, 2011 06:57PM

Satanice ritural abuse is not BS. Certainly some of the repressed momories and the like are crap. However, there are pockets of satanic groups that do engage in the horrors reported. I have studied cults and am convinced that it does exsist...If persons have studied this subject well and say it is crap,than they have a right to their opinion. However, just believing it is not true, without investigation, is just plain stupid...

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 04:19PM

This all happened at the same time as lots of accusations about child care centers and child abuse as well as recovered memories. It a natural phenomena in human populations too. Think Salem Witch trials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_care_sex_abuse_hysteria

Date: September 17, 2011 07:01PM

I operated day care centers in Calif. when the McMartin siuation exploaded. We were never caught up in but out linsurence raised 10 times what it was. It help put us out of business. This type of activity is extreemly difficult to engage n in the daylight, and when parents could show up at any time. But it does not mean that isolation, night, etc. that these things do not happen. lMcMartin was nuts, but it does go on....according to my readins on the subject and engaging in counseling sessions with victums...

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 07:38PM

No one has said that it never goes on, but it's very unlikely that an entire ward was engaged in these activities right under everyone's noses and no one knew about it. That takes mass hysteria. You need a great deal of secrecy to pull this kind of stuff off and people talk. So, I find the story unbelievable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 07:38PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: Convert ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 05:10PM

"Satanic Ritual Abuse" is nothing more then hysteria perpetuated by Fundie Christians, fulled by sleezy talk shows, and ended up ruining the lives of the innocent.

Horrible, Salem Witch Trials for the 1980s.

People who promote SRA crap are far worse then TBMs.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 05:13PM

Never happened. This all comes from bad, unethical counseling sessions and the power of suggestion. I knew a couple of kids in California during the 1990s who thought this happened to them. Fortunately, it was all bullchip.

Pace did come off as an idiot, though. And all the powers of prophetship, seership and revelatorship couldn't tell this was bunk--that's the bigger story, just like the Mark Hofmann story. GAs have no powers of discernment.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 07:27PM

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ra_rep03.htm

This is not to say sexual abuse does not occur far too often or that occasionally it is not incorporated into a ritual, but there is not vast organized network of ritual sex abuse.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 12:39AM

robertb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.religioustolerance.org/ra_rep03.htm
>
From the intro page to the 1992 FBI study:

"Lanning defines a satanic murder as "one committed by two or more individuals who rationally plan the crime and whose primary motivation is to fulfill a prescribed satanic ritual calling for the murder." Using this definition he has been unable to identify even one documented satanic murder in the United States."

Posted by: A Reader ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 03:10AM

It EXISTS, people. Most SRA is from self-styled, small-time and small group Satanists, but there are large organizations also. One of the main centers of organized Satanism is located in Sandy, Utah on the East Bench. The address is not known.

Read the following pages of ACTUAL CONVICTIONS before you dismiss it's reality. It will clearly reveal you to be uninformed.

http://www.ra-info.org/resources/ra_cases.shtml

(NOTE: The "West Memphis 3" were just released from prison and exonerated. But there are numerous cases where the victimization and murders were clearly established.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 03:43AM

It was in Nevada. As a two year old he roamed the streets begging for food. As he got older he was forced to witness the ritualistic slaying of a baby. Satanists prefer to shed the blood of someone pure snd innocent.

When I met him, he was about eleven. He was already beyond help, and dangerous to be around. He could turn on you in a rage and inflict serious injury, if you said or did the wrong thing.

I lost track of him after we moved. I've often wondered what became of him, and if he is even still alive. So sad.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 03:44AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.