Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 04:04PM

Hello folks,

Does anyone remember the Greek Islanders, who posted here from their home in the Med whilst I was over there visiting? They have since returned to the UK.

Well, my dear sister, one of the Islanders, is suffering from cancer and is undergoing some intense treatment right now. Two weeks ago she had brain surgery and has made an amazing recovery but is yet to start chemo and more radiotherapy, after the huge 5 day mega session she has just undergone to see off the brain tumour that was removed.

The reason for this post is to ask for your thoughts/prayers/good vibes to send the good energy her way as she certainly does need it right now.

Despite the trauma of her journey, she and we are feeling positive for a good outcome for her. Right now I'm spending extra time with her but feel quite helpless, though I know she's in good hands.

With much gratitude and love.

Briggy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 04:08PM

Will do. Many good thoughts and prayers going her way. And thanks for being such a good sister.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 04:11PM

The Greek connection is one of RfM's great sagas, most enjoyable to read and reflect on.

I'm so sorry to hear the tough news about your sister. Sounds like things are going as well as possible right now. I admire people who grit their teeth and meet the challenges. Humans are noble and courageous in many ways.

Waves of positive Canadian vibes coming your way, for both, and all, of you. I'm glad you can be together during this time. I'm sure that your presence will add a lot on top of all the best wishes heaped upon your sister.

All the best to her, and hers, and you Briggy. Take care of yourself too!

Posted by: nevermokhouria ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 02:48AM

praying...

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 04:16PM

My prayers and thoughts for you all are on their way.

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 05:01PM

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 05:23PM

I will keep you and your family positively in my thoughts and in what passes for prayers with me. I hope she gets better and knows that the nice people here are thinking of her.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 08:12PM

Me, too. Can you give me a name (can be made up)?

She is lucky to have you at her side during this time.

Courage to both of you.

ANagrammy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 08:13PM by anagrammy.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 05:33PM

Been there. Done that. Have the scars to show for it.

Many positive thoughts coming your way for all of you.

Erin

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 07:49PM

A very good friend of mine recovered from brain cancer surgery (a number of years ago) and has done quite well since. You would never know that she once battled brain cancer. I wish the same for your sister.

Hugs to you, Briggy. Stay strong.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 09:45PM

Briggy,

I will say a prayer for your sister. I feel close to your whole gang.I joined RfM (as a lurker) and I followed your story and rallied behind you when you hopped a plane and flew to the Greek Islands. Reading your updates made me feel like I was there with your family.

Your family members are a strong support for one another. Brigantia, I think your sister is so very lucky to have you, and the rest of the others.

Shannon ;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 10:47AM by shannon.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 04:06AM

I know first-hand what a terrific family you have, and your sister couldn't be in a better place!

Positive thoughts and prayers coming from the Great Southwest to your house, directly.

Love and hugs to all of you!

Date: September 18, 2011 04:54AM

Our family is forever - not the mormon kind and a force for them to reckon with if they push our buttons.

My dear sister was there for me when I was enduring my darkest hour. She and the sister in Austria pulled out all the stops to bring me back into a positive frame of mind when I was so low after the sudden death of my non-mo hubby. I was thereafter in a much better place to help the children through their grief and I will never forget what my family did for us.

That was all of 10 years ago now and it is my turn to give something back. It is the way we do things.

My poorly sister is a lovely person and doesn't deserve this, though I'm sure if anyone can come out of this okay then she can.

Compared to all this, and to keep it on topic, the mormon church only offered blame and guilt at this time and I'm sure they'd do the same were my sister and brother-in-law still connected with the cult.

Once again, many thanks for your prayers and positive thoughts. They are gratefully received and this, along with the best oncologists at Christies Hospital (good to google for more info as they are a pioneering hospital), will bring her back to us fit and healthy.

Hugs

Briggy

Date: September 19, 2011 08:33AM

I have passed on your good wishes and she has asked that I convey her gratitude to you all.

Supergirl is ready to roll!

Briggy

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 08:48AM

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 09:15AM

Love and very best wishes to your sister and your whole family.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 09:22AM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 10:03AM

Thank you for sharing that. We feel that your sister is family.

I believe that human beings can use positive energy to heal each other. Educated, well-trained doctors are the real miracle-workers, of course. Then there's love, prayers, companionship. Above all, there's the courage of the patient. Your sister has all that going for her. (((hugs)))

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 10:11AM

Hope and concern your way....

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 10:14AM

i do remember your trip!! :) wanna go Greek someday!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.