Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 10:08PM

My Mom wrote to my old seminary teacher on Facebook to tell her I was leaving the church and wanted to be a "christian" (yes she put it in quotes). Then she pulled up her response for me to read. Highlights from her letter:

1.)Shes so very sorry for my family and she will be praying for me
2.)The adversary works hard on even the most righteous (I was never super righteous)
3.)In every religion something doesn't sit right-Mormonism is no different, we just can't dwell on that stuff.
4.)Satan knows the internet is an easy way to get our attention on weird areas of the church
5.)The gospel expects a lot from us but it has to in order for us to get home safely.

Some other church person (I think the SP) gave my family the FAIR website. Apparently the president of FAIR lives in our town and they could get me a meeting with him if I wanted. Barf.

The thing that gets me is that they freely admit there is "that stuff" that doesn't sit right or is "weird" but it doesn't phase them.I do agree these things are present in every religion, but with Mormonism its a tad bit over the top for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 10:14PM

I think my response would be, "Mom, I listened to my former seminary teacher every day for X number of months/years, and I heard everything that she had to say about Mormonism during that period of time. Perhaps she should consider listening to me now, because I could give her an earful."

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 10:15PM

Why would Satan want us to find the weird and bad stuff and leave a false church?

That sounds more like what a righteous entity would do.

Let me put it this way-
I prayed and fasted and prayed that I would find the truth and I read the scriptures as well as the original versions of the scriptures, but no matter what I did, the church looked more and more false. If God answers prayer then he must have wanted to help me escape.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 10:22PM

of FAIR.

Queen of the FAIRIES???

That would be fun for me. Not so much fun for them.

Don't worry, though, everyone on this board has been possessed by Satanosaurus.

It's really no big deal. Just take your vitamins, and avoid being in the sun without proper sunscreen, and possession is really not so bad.

Date: September 17, 2011 10:23PM

LOL - I feel better now Raptor thanks :)

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 10:25PM

my humble comments . . .<sigh>..."and they created god in their image"

1] such is the arrogance of mormons that tend to feel pity and sorry for everybody who does not agree with them. tell her you don't need prayers. you need answers to simple questions. see #4 and #5.

2] right. satan. yup. he even tempted joseph smith to make all this up. oh yeah, he was super righteous especially with fannie alger.

3] well, religions are for certain type of people. the followers that is, the ones that are afraid of thinking by and for themselves. why the need to push religion on every single human being on this planet? see #1 above

4] oh satan. him again. the scapegoat. the rebel. i think they should stop the bullshit and start answering a few simple questions such as why in hell they think that egyptology is lost without the cult (book of abraham fraud)...that's one of them...the list is endless.

5] the gospel? the gospel is just a made up scheme. see #1 #3 #4. so we can make it home safely? just like the kids who died in the moutain medows massacre? right. @_@

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 10:29PM

Because is uncovers blatant prejudice, fallacies, and assumptions that you can plainly see are wrong.

Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 10:34PM

She told us that they (she spoke for the whole TBM family) didn't want an ,easier' way. However our desire to openly discuss Mormon and orthodox biblical Christianity did 'scare off' TBM family. They pretty much walked on eggshells from there on out because they were unable to answer us.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 01:38AM

Blaming the "Internet" is like blaming libraries for containing information, points of view. What is the Internet? It's everything...the entire human experience and condition is represented on the Internet.

They refuse to acknowledge that it's really about Joseph and his flaming sword, Brigahm and his greed and murder, and the lack of integrity in other individuals to own up to the heinous start to this so-called religion.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 01:41AM

Wow, how inappropriate. I'm astonished, but not shocked. Not only that they are blabbing your private matters around town, but that they think it's not only OK, but the "right" thing to do.

Date: September 18, 2011 05:03AM

Yeah and they are the ones who didn't want me telling anyone. I guess they ate allowed but they don't want me spreading my satanic disease

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 03:30PM

"If you want to know about mormons, ask a mormon"

"If you want to know about ex-mormons, ask a mormon."

Otherwise, don't ask.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 09:12AM

Thank the Seminary Teacher for the prayers and tell her they must have worked because you felt the spirit and you are joining Warren Jeff's FLDS to get closer to Joseph Smith and Brigham Young's teachings.

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 09:35AM

americangirl406 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 4.)Satan knows the internet is an easy way to get
> our attention on weird areas of the church

> The thing that gets me is that they freely admit
> there is "that stuff" that doesn't sit right or is
> "weird" but it doesn't phase them.I do agree these
> things are present in every religion, but with
> Mormonism its a tad bit over the top for me.

In Mormonism it is the only true "weird". Other churches have false "weird".

Posted by: dwindler ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 09:55AM

That's really funny, so now all the problems with some of the foundational claims of LD$ INC...

First Vision
Book of Mormon
Book of Abraham
Masonic/Mormon temple rituals
Polygamy
Polyandry
etc.etc.etc.

fall under the category of "weird areas", really?

And what the heck happened to those crazy, rocky mountain, racists, gaycists, misogynists, polygamists, "I am a Mormon", football team last night?

54-10, really?

Posted by: daytimedreamer ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 10:15AM

I told my family, I use to have a "burning in my bosom" about the church, took some Alka-Seltzer, and it went away

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.