Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: janet ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 11:09AM

DH and I have been enjoying Moore's thought provoking movies lately and have been quietly hoping he might be interested in making a movie on the secretive and zany Mormon church/cult.

A few subjects I'd like to see him to expose would be the F***ing bizarre temple endowment ceremony dating back to 1842 til present. All the gory details.

A thorough tithing dollars accounting examination by multiple organizations.

polygamy/polyandry practiced by the illustrious founder of the Mormon cult Joseph Smith.

Michael Moore has a way of getting his point across. imo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caitieq ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 01:53PM

I would love to see that. I could see him doing a very thorough job. Although, I am sure a lot of it could be seen as anti Mormon and extreme liberalism rather than the strict facts due to it being from Michael Moore

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 02:17PM

Can you see him on temple square with his entourage of cameras looking for Monson? Being denied temple entrance? Wearing the baker's hat. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 07:46PM by FreeRose.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 02:21PM

Maybe you can show us just where Moore wasn't factual.

And while you are at it please define "liberal".

Methinks YOU are the one who is not factual !

Please take your republicommie crap elsewhere !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 02:23PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: caitieq ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 03:38PM

Perhaps my writing was unclear and poorly written. Allow myself to explain what I meant is how others, mostly the Mormon point of view, would take it that way. I myself do not feel that way.
Perhaps some tolerance is appropriate here.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 03:48PM

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 05:03PM

I had no problem understanding your first post. And I have absolutely NO idea how anyone would think you were being intolerant of Michael Moore!

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 08:18PM

+1

I understood exactly what you were getting at...TBMs would just dismiss it straight away just because he's Michael Moore. No clue why DtA is giving you shit about that.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 07:26PM

to accept a good Mormon expose documentary whether or not it comes from liberal or conservative fingers.

Let the hue and cry rise unto Heaven, like a mighty column of smoke from every corner of the world, all in protest of the First American Chimera Church.

We're all in this together, blue or red, we all want LDS, Inc. dead.

Anagrammy

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 02:40PM

ever be interested in anything to do with Mr. Moore, or anything that is about the LDS Church. Neither of them appeal to me.
I'm done with both.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 07:32PM

I hope we don't lose you here as the general authority on managing a part-member family for the long term.

What you have accomplished is so important for helping couples see that harmony can be reached despite differing opinions.

I am dating someone who is a Christian-- I quite like him and I notice that his periodic blurts of "Thank you, God," I find amusing rather than annoying. He doesn't attend any church and has difficulty articulating what he believes, which is fine with me because, like you, after thirty years, I could do without the whole shebang quite nicely, thank you.

If he wanted to drag me off to church where I had to locate and paste back on my fake smile, well that would be another thing entirely.

I mention this because I noticed his religion more than the fact that he's black LOL! Which says I'm probably not as evolved as you are....

Peace,

Anagrammy

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 08:01PM

anagrammy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope we don't lose you here as the general
> authority on managing a part-member family for the
> long term.
>
> What you have accomplished is so important for
> helping couples see that harmony can be reached
> despite differing opinions.
>
> I am dating someone who is a Christian-- I quite
> like him and I notice that his periodic blurts of
> "Thank you, God," I find amusing rather than
> annoying. He doesn't attend any church and has
> difficulty articulating what he believes, which is
> fine with me because, like you, after thirty
> years, I could do without the whole shebang quite
> nicely, thank you.
>
> If he wanted to drag me off to church where I had
> to locate and paste back on my fake smile, well
> that would be another thing entirely.
>
> I mention this because I noticed his religion more
> than the fact that he's black LOL! Which says I'm
> probably not as evolved as you are....
>
> Peace,
>
> Anagrammy

Enjoy the people you meet! Date anyone you want! Life is just so short!There are a large variety of folks out there. We learn by experience! So much of my time as a female Mormon was limited to just Mormons, that now I am much more interested in learning about other people who are different.

Thank you for your kind words.
I think my journey out of Mormonism was greatly assisted by my prior non LDS years: teaching/training in the home, developing my personality, etc.

I'm very grateful for my life. Yes, all of it. I know that regrets/shame/guilt/lingering anger and on and on are self sabotage. They don't allow for peace of mind.
I'm a strong believer in just letting it all go. Let the negative wash away and be happy!
My challenges are stress related right now - much more so than I ever contemplated. But, I'll be fine.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 06:31PM

It would be good payback for how he was treated when invited as a guest speaker at Utah Valley State College a few years back.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 08:07PM

I'd go out and buy the DVD IF he made a show about that! AND, I never buy DVDs! Would definitely be a MUST SEE!

Posted by: wjexmo ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 08:46PM

Moore doesn't usually lie but he chooses omit at least half of the story. There are some instances like the bank/gun scene in Bowling For Columbine that were just flat made up. We could do a lot better than Michael Moore for an expose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 08:47PM by wjexmo.

Date: September 18, 2011 08:52PM

Come on Moore is anything but a great investigative mind. He is highly biased and highly sensationalistic side show. He's near the bottom of my list as a choice to do a doc on the morg.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 08:53PM

Moore definitely has his faults. Who would you choose?

Date: September 18, 2011 09:01PM

Errol Morris, Alex Gibney, Davis Guggenheim, Heidi Ewing just to name a few. Dozens of great directors out there. It's a real stretch to even call Moore's movies documentaries a lot of the time.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 08:47PM

Moore would do a great job on the financial aspects of the morg. His ability to get to the bottom of stuff like that is uncanny.

However, I think he would have a very hard time truly understanding or representing the cultural aspects of Mormonism from any relevant perspective.

Still, it would be an interesting documentary for sure.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 18, 2011 09:05PM

not enough no-Mos would be interested.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.