Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeAtLast ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 02:25PM

Over the past few months, I've been reading an increasing no. of posts, often by newbies, stating that they submitted their church membership resignation via e-mail and it was successfully processed. Here's an example: http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/23960/

Eric K and Susan I/S: I suggest that the Resigning webpage (http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm) be updated w/ the info. about resigning via e-mail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 02:33PM

And it is on Eric's todo list :)

Posted by: Utahnomo ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 04:30PM

I followed the instructions exactly as outlined and sent my email to old "Dodger" and all I got was an email telling me he had forwarded it to my local bish and SP and a speshul note admonishing me to reconsider for my "eternal salvation"...what a crock. But that was almost a month ago and I have heard nothing since. I don't think it worked but I will wait and see.

I shall report back if I hear anything.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 04:07PM

The letter you got is quite standard and is part of the process THEY go through. Legally you are already a non-member.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 05:02PM

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 05:04PM

I have mentioned this possibility on my article "Leaving the Mormon Church: How To Get Out" at http://packham.n4m.org/leaving.htm, which is referenced on exmormon.org main page link under "Resigning/Resignation"

Posted by: Jonathan ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 03:18PM

I emailed in my resignation based on the instructions I found on this forum. I got a letter back stating that it was a local matter and they were referring my letter to the bishop blah blah blah.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 04:09PM

Their process is "working" the way it works. That said, legaly you are no longer a member.

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 04:04PM

For those who got a letter saying it's a local matter.. That is how they initially process every resignation. The fact they acknowledge they got the letter means you are out. The moment they acknowledge you resigned means you are no longer a member. Whatever they do with their records on their end is their problem.

V.

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 09:09AM

This is wonderful now all Greg has to do is just copy and paste his name....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.