Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gabriella ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 02:50AM

So, last I heard Jesus and Satan have not reconciled. Guess Jesus hasn't read the reading material on "family values".

So, Satan said he did not agree with dad's plan and said "No!". He proposed his own plan and was shot down. So, Jesus volunteers and you know the rest of the story...except.......

If I say "NO" to "dad" or big brother "Jesus" I get threatened, I get coerced, I get blamed, I get accused among other things.

But Satan having some inside knowledge of Jesus being his brother after all, knew he wasn't a "savior" just like when you find out your introvert, broke brother has been called to be a bishop and you just shake your head.

So, back to the topic. Satan stands up for himself and gets...

1. An Army.
2. A role in a Mormon temple film.
3. Feared and respected by humanity and by brother Jesus.
4. He gets to visit earth whenever he wants, and doesn't have to make excuses nor does he have to "repent" for his behavior or feelings. Yes, he gets blamed for all the evil things humans do but that just gives him more power in the long run.

Have you ever heard a passage of scripture where Jesus tried to call Satan to repentance or show him love or compassion like he expects us to do to those who treat us with contempt? No, I don't think so, but if we don't forgive 70X7 we are "sinning"...so if we don't follow Jesus and forgive our brother, then we are really following Satan?? Hmmm, this is way to confusing.

The biggest thing is...Satan was/is allowed to be angry, to have his opinion on this whole plan of salvation nonsense and he gets to own it. He is not guilted to change himself or his view, he gets to own it and Jesus can't seem to beat him after all these years which makes Jesus look really weak!

So, see, Jesus lets Satan be who he is. He is scared of him. But me, no, I can't be who I am. I have to change, I have to worship Jesus even when I have no clue who he is. I have to be berated on a weekly basis at church while Satan just gets more respect by being feared.

Hmmm, doesn't seem quite right. It almost seems like Jesus knows the gig is up and knows Satan knows it to.

Just sayin'!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.