Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 06:29AM

"We don't really know, but Gawd will sort it out in the end."

TBMs pull this like a shotgun at a Hatfield/McCoy reunion.

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 09:48AM

But let anybody else say God will sort it out, fer instance, "Ghandi led a good life, and will be in heaven even if he wasn't baptized - God will sort it out", and Mormons get all condescending, and shake their head in sad consternation at the deluded statement. They already have God's Approved Method™ of taking care of Ghandi - Necrodunking!

Mormons firmly believe in Mormon Exceptionalism. They, and only they, get to change the rules when it is convenient for them.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 02:13PM

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 02:27PM

How is God going to sort it all out when he's the one who let the whole mess happen in the first place? The mormon god--I for one am not impressed.

I second the motion, I am sick of hearing that one too.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 02:38PM

"I agree, that's why (if I'm wrong) I know that if he is the loving god you say he is, he will understand the process that led to my choices and not judge me harshly in the next life."

Makes a lot of people very angry and/or uncomfortable.

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 02:49PM

If he's so omnipotent, why can't he sort things out NOW?

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 03:24PM

“As long as a population can be induced to believe in a supernatural hereafter, it can be oppressed and controlled. People will put up with all sorts of tyranny, poverty, and painful treatment if they're convinced that they'll eventually escape to some resort in the sky where lifeguards are superfluous and the pool never closes. Moreover, the faithful are usually willing to risk their skins in whatever military adventure their government may currently be promoting.”

“I cannot believe that the most delicious things were placed here merely to test us, to temp us, to make it the more difficult for us to capture the grand prize: the safety of the void. To fashion of life such a petty game is unworthy of both men and gods.”

“To emphasize the afterlife is to deny life. To concentrate on heaven is to create hell.”

And this is why I recognize and confirm Tom Robbins as the closest thing our world has or needs to a living prophet. The Morg likes to tell you that gawd will sort it out because it means that they don't have to.

Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 06:35PM

I've heard that so many times in questioning Mormon beliefs I couldn't even begin to count.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.