Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 06:35AM

Posted this on LDS General Conference FB page:

"I look forward to more enlightenment and revelation as to how homosexuals are not born gay, but choose to be such. I'm also interested in hearing more about the $4BN mall the church is building and whether my tithing helped fund it. I feel proud to be part of owning such a great and spacious building."

They don't like me much over there, but they don't delete my comments.

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 06:52AM

there are many pages about General Conference, FB should have something to avoid multiple pages.

As always I'm surprised at how many people are willing to sit and watch it. It's like going to the dentist to watch some one else's teeth get filled.

Posted by: olympia ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 10:48AM

Wow. I never thought about it that way. Yeah, conference is like watching people get tortured. In a certain way, it might even be considered sadistic. lol.

On another front, many of them also seem to enjoy the torture. The knife blades are so sharp as they pierce the skin, the guilt and shame being driven so effortlessly deep. Really, conference is almost like a mormon version of BDSM.

And as the knife blade goes deep, it quivers just so slightly, the bondage so severe it's just erotic and orgasmic for them.

Yeah, it's sadistic, but it's true.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 09:57AM

We don't like you very much either, but put up witlh you. ha

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 11:06AM

Ron - you crack me up! Way to go. I'm glad I'm Conference free these days. I used to love it but weirdly, can't remember learning anything watching it. We'd make a fancy breakfast/brunch both days and watch all 4 sessions while working on some project like a quilt for the homeless. But I don't remember any of the messages sinking in. Just more of the same ol same, ol droning on.

Nowadays it makes me mad because I can see how they take potshots at inactives an non-Mormons.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 11:28AM

I just LOVE your comment. :-D

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: September 21, 2011 11:40AM

The only general conference talk I still recall (mind you, haven't been to or listened to one since the early 80's) -- oh wait a minute, it was a stake conference.

Anyhoo, it was the guy that was a victim of the Hi Fi murders who attributed his survival to refusing to drink the drano they were told was alcohol to his staunch adherence to the word of wisdom...or something like that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.