Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 09, 2010 11:58PM

I don't talk too much about my mission with most people because it was a horrible experience for me. And it's completely fine that I hated it. Other than today, I've only had Mormon leaders tell me how I should and should not feel about it.

However, I did want to share one story that is kind of funny that I often told as a cop out when I didn't want to talk about specific details and get into a fight over why I hated my mission.

I was rushed to the hospital one day, and the German doctors felt it necessary to perform a surgery. Because the surgery was on my tummy box, I had to get naked except for these odd mesh panties that are not sexy on a man (very see through and binding at the same time) and aren't normal for an American to wear at all. But Germans have their own ideas about hospital things, and the rules were to wear that thing so...whatever.
Anyway, after the surgery this hot nurse (which is as rare as finding a unicorn in Germany)comes in to check on my bandages. She has me lift up my gown and I watch her look first at the bandages and then see her eyes slide right down to sneak a peak at my panties to enjoy a view of tightly packed man candy.
If I hadn't been so doped up, I probably would have made a joke, but I only remember thinking, "oh, not now. It's cold in here."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 12:05AM

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 01:04AM

I have to say I saw the conversation earlier and I almost commented on it and I probably should have. I was on your side bro. SusieQ#1's argument didn't hold up for me and I could go into why if she asks. Anyways I'm really sorry you had to go through what you went through. Sometimes life really just sucks. I wonder if I'll ever get over my bad missionary experience, but yours sounds much worse. Beers on me sometime (and I don't even drink).

Date: November 10, 2010 10:30AM

I don't have a problem with people who liked their missions (I'm not even sure how that got mixed in), two of my good friends really did enjoy them.

That was their experience. I had mine, and we share stories because it's a safe area. I don't share many stories with mormons (or sometimes I won't talk about my mission at all) because they really do try to make you feel a certain way about it. And that is disgusting. I didn't walk away from the church to be told how to feel.

And I'm not going to do that to other missionaries. It's not a contest, and certain things that bothered me, didn't bother other people and vice versa.

So, whatever.

Posted by: JBryan ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:51AM

I find that the people who hated their missions have their BS detectors set on high. They see the mission for what it really is: a cult within a cult trying to cement a bunch of kids to a church while selling a shoddy product.

I enjoyed my mission. I was a new convert and really felt like I was doing something to help others.

I turned my BS detector off.

Date: November 10, 2010 10:59AM

What I did love was the people, some of the great conversations that I had with total strangers, and when we took the rare oppurtunity to help people. (My mission was very tracting heavy and service was really really discouraged).

The cult aspects ate at me though heavily, and most likely was the major cause to my health problems.

But again, everyone had different experiences. I know people who had very, very great missions. Good for them.

For me, I would have been much better off joining the Peace Corps. or something.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 08:50PM

raptorjesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>then see her eyes slide right down to sneak a
> peak at my panties to enjoy a view of tightly
> packed man candy.
> If I hadn't been so doped up, I probably would
> have made a joke, but I only remember thinking,
> "oh, not now. It's cold in here."

Oh, that Seinfeld episode about shrinkage huh?

Posted by: Ms. ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 09:20PM

I'll bet they checked all the men out (at least the appealing ones) and compared at break time . . .

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.