Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 10:05AM

In some ways I can understand holding information back from the enemies (if there were any) but to hide mutual knowledge friends and each other?

For something so pure and holy and a source of all blessings, the membership and leadership sure do seem embarrassed about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 10:17AM

I am surprised at how little the members know about JS's sex life. I think when/if it comes to the knowledge of the general membership, the crap will hit the fan.

I would love to see a movie made about JS and his life (done in a fair and honest way).

I was a very curious kid/adult and I knew absolutely nothing about JS or his exploit...just knew that Emma was a 'difficult' wife.

Posted by: mcane1982 ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 10:44AM

Hey like one of the apostles said "Not all knowledge is useful"....bunch of bs if u ask me.

They think they can sugarcoat it all they want but in this day and age its hard to keep it hidden.

Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 10:58AM

Imagine the hell and scrutiny TBM couples go through with the internet as the current 'mistress'.

Now take Emma discovering Joseph and Fannie Alger, or the 2 Partridge sisters, ACTUAL REAL LIFE 'mistresses' and being forced to participate in fabricated marriage rituals after the fact. Sick, sick, sick.

That's enough to piss off the Pope. I just don't get how Emma lived in denial about it.

My opinion on truth. Take a cup. Place it on a table. Write slander about it, write truth about it. Call it a plate, or a bowl or a pot or a pan or a cheesegrater or a laundry machine. Paint it any color you choose and at the end of the day, try pouring water in it. Will it still hold water? Then chances are, no matter what anyone says, it can be a cup.

That's my opinion of truth anyway.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 11:18AM

JHVH-1, the all-knowing, all-wise, all powerful Mormon space god manipulates his servants for His own sinister ends and makes them “dance” like cheap puppets for His insidious purposes.

JHVH-1 is well pleased when His subjects have the wisdom to obey Him and sometimes that obedience includes THE LIE as the means to the END where all of JHVH-1’s “non-partners” are smited and eliminated.

Yea, it was by a LIE that Abraham concealed his wife Sarah from Pharaoh.

Yea, verily, it was by a LIE that Jacob received the birthright from Esau.

And, it was by a LIE that Laben first gave Leah to Jacob for a wife instead of Rachel.

And, lo, it was by a LIE the Jacob took from Laben the best of the flocks and herds.

And what shall Ziller more say? For the time would fail to tell of so great a pack of lies.

As JHVH-1’s servants, Church members and leaders must lay aside every weight of conscience and the burden of truth and LIE the LIE set before them until there are no more lies - only truth.

ziller

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 11:26AM

Posted by: Quebec ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 12:04PM

Most members lie without knowing it. They just don't know and everytime you get to something that could make you wonder or doubt you've been so much conditionned in a certain way (don't read things that could shake your faith, etc) you end up not finding out until you "stumble" across something on the net.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 12:23PM

Shouldn't any omnipotent, omniscient being be able to get along without us mere mortals pushing His/Her/Its agenda, or even worshiping it?

Posted by: Theodore ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 01:42PM

"Yea, it was by a LIE that Abraham concealed his wife Sarah from Pharaoh."

Was that a lie? Gen 20:12.

Posted by: bert ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 01:52PM

Now here is one I do not get. "We are the only true church. And we have the only true word of god. All other churches are false and of Satan"

If you can claim to have the proof - and Mormons do claim to have the actual evidence for their claims how come they do not show it to anyone?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.