Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 04:38PM

I think it does.

After all, last year there were some revelations that right wing political groups had people go around the Intertubes and post items that pushed their agenda items. Some of those groups were even paying their hirelings by the number of posts they made.

So what makes anyone think TSCC wouldn't do the same sort of thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 04:46PM

they have millions of drones and mentally slave members that can do it for free and full-time. then those drones blog and post videos as anti-anti-mormonism.

but quite possibly there's a marketing department somewhere. they surf the "internets"; then they bring ideas to the business meetings.

"i'm seeing this trend. why don't we come up with our own youtube channel called ..."

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 05:14PM

then again, so does the right wing. But if you pay people to do it, you can wield some control over the output. And if there's one thing the morg is about, it's control.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 06:48PM

...lying drone, morgbots start out their post on a forum with "I am not LDS, but..." and then pretend to just be fair is defending the persecuted Mormons.

I know that they are Mormon. If they weren't Mormon, they would start out "I am not Mormon, but..". LDS is the officially sanctioned term for Mormon.

No Mo

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 05:15PM

10%

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 05:21PM

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 05:54PM

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 06:42PM

I doubt if they'd want 19 year olds reading anti sites. They've just begun to pay tithing and they might apostatize. Better to take a chance with senior mishies. After all they've already paid for a lifetime and are still paying to be on their missions.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 07:32PM

Interesting thought.

It seems I've read a lot of exmo stories from people who innocently enough went looking for stuff to help with their church lessons, or to strengthen their testimony, and then lost it all. So, if the church wanted to employ people to counter anti-stuff, they'd need to be sure that these people were well-committed to mormonism with little chance of them applying rational/logical reasoning. I wonder if TSCC considers this, or if they are too arrogant and simply discount its possibility.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 23, 2011 06:44PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.