Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 01:51AM

I sent in my email in July. Got the first confirm shortly after that. And now I just barely got the second one.

The odd, yet creepy, but not surprising thing about the letter is that I just barely moved. Like three weeks ago. And the letter was to my new address without any forwarding needed.

Those sneaky douchenozzles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 02:32AM

Congratulations, Raptor, and of course they know the correct address for Raptor Jesus, Lord Is.

Anybody who is simultaneously light-minded, vulgar, revelatory of secret history, and has published publicly their criticisms of the Lord's haloed and righteous annointed,

OF COURSE

they know your address plus your whereabouts at any given moment. They asked me to keep an eye on you when you were at the hotel in San Francisco last month, but even for that fat wad of somebody's tithing money, I couldn't do it. I pleaded your case, I did, I said, "Let the poor lizard masturbate in peace--he sent in his damn resignation already." And they replied unto me, "Sorry, we have no record."

And the heavens did part and I did behold lightning and thunder and I knew it was good.

Amen

Anagrammy

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 08:34AM

As a wise raptor once said to me under similar circumstances (even though I had paid Him none of the money He desired of me): You win!!!

The address thing is creepy, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2011 08:34AM by Inverso.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 09:03AM

is this like a second anointing?

you are now sealed up to being a non member?

Posted by: renaissanceray1030 ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 10:01AM

As one who has just begun the process, may I add my congratulation.
Is this like having your no-calling and privacy made sure?

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 09:33AM

My daughter may find it easier to resign if she has an email address.

Posted by: wings ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 09:55AM

Posted by: CAMCOM56 ( )
Date: February 17, 2013 06:57PM

Posted by: Big Dawg ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:02AM

What is the email to get ur name troopers from the church

Posted by: wings ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 09:50AM

Congrat's of your double bubble confirmation letter.

The important item for me in your "return and report" is.... email resignation does work.

Recently, or instance, in a court action of mine... email was entered as evidence. It was a Superior Court of a southwest state in the USA. I would venture email resignation would be acceptable and proper for a church exit process.

When someone asks about the process, email is the easier, softer way I will continue to suggest. No need to step back into an old process of snail mail, notorized, and certified mail. Really, no matter what you choose to do, the LDS bunch will never do more than move your membership record from one place to another and if you are lucky, get the locals to leave the resigned one to live life in peace.

I do not know how countries outside the USA handle the resignation process. I once kept information on this information for the board members. Any outside the USA, please let us know your process. Does email to the Church Office Building do the trick for all members in and out of the USA?

And Raptor, again...congrats!!

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 10:24AM

I got my first reply 2 days after I sent the e-mail. GayLayAle got his final letter much quicker than I did--and I believe we both sent our e-mails the same day. My final letter I'm not sure how long it took, but it was about 2 weeks before the bishop showed up. He showed up on a very interesting anniversary--and I think GLA's final letter arrived on a very important anniversary for him, too.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: September 24, 2011 10:57AM

It took two months for my second to arrive. I wasn't contacted by anyone, which I assume from reading other posts is odd. I guess they were glad to be rid of me.

Congrats RJ!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:16AM

Still, I congratulate you and hope this brings a measure of closure.

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 07:28AM

They know when I am at wal-mart so I feel your pain. It's a club that they can't wait to talk about. You already know that tho, or r u a troll? lol

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 07:58AM

Well congrats anyway! Sounds like time to party. Cheers to your new officially nonmo life!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 08:07AM

It's a little creepy that they knew where you were. They didn't know where I was for years. Gratefully, my friends respected my request not to pass along my address.

That's one reason I didn't resign for awhile, because I didn't want to hand them my address.

It always seems to be people who have family in the Church who are more easily tracked down.

Congratulations! :o)

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 08:39AM

I see this post is pretty old, lol.
But I wanted to put my tidbit of story on it because it's similar.

I resigned using my maiden name(which was how I was listed in the ward directory and how VT letters arrived addressed to me) at the same time that I moved.
Kept the first house, picked up mail frequently, did not forward anything.
Got my resignation in my MARRIED name, at my NEW address, and my resigning was a surprise to the rat finks who normally give out my address to church goons.

So yeah the creepers creep your sh!t to figure you out.
Creeps.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 11:02AM

I seriously think the subject of "what the hell do we do with apostates who have had the second anointing" has come up in the executive board meetings of the Big 15. Which is pretty funny, when you think about how their silliness has painted them into a corner.

Congrats on firing LDS Inc.

Posted by: elciz ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 11:33AM

I wish I could do what you have done. Congrats!

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 11:39AM

They know when you're sleeping
they know when you're awake
they know if you've resigned or moved
so give up for gossip's sake

Congratulations!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 11:45AM

But if it helps peeps....

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:54PM

I was just thinking that I had assumed you were already out

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 02:31PM

Think of it as an ex-Mo version of the second anointing.

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: July 11, 2013 06:39PM

I remember you, we have the same birthday!! pretty sure

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.