Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 05:23PM

My friend was in Wal-mart today and there were missionaries in line behind her, she noticed that the only thing they were buying was sling shots. I wonder if this what the MTC is teaching the missionaries these days? Everyone watch out...looks like the missonaries are fighting back!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dan McKenzie ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 06:48PM

They must now hunt if they want to eat!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 06:50PM

You know that is also very appropriate in a way. The "church" these mishies promote also likes to use slingshots against those they can't stand, like feminists, gays, blacks, etc. >:-(

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 06:54PM

...but on first glace, I read the title of your post as, "Missionaries and sling sluts." Wow, my afternoon pain pill is doing a number on me!

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 07:07PM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 08:03PM

Date: September 26, 2011 08:05PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 08:06PM by CA girl.

Date: September 27, 2011 10:40AM

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 06:08PM

"Dungeon Essentials" haha

Date: September 27, 2011 07:03PM

Actually drilldoc, your name sounds like it was MADE for a site like that! ;-)

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 08:01PM

How'd you guess?

Date: September 27, 2011 08:47PM

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 06:57PM

I'm ashamed of it. We would get on the roof of our piso and bomb random people. I'm surprised we didn't get caught and sent to a Spanish Jail.

Date: September 26, 2011 08:06PM

Maybe they are playing paintball. That is really big with the YM in our area - but they have to use slingshots, not guns, because some of the parents objected to guns and other parents couldn't afford them. Maybe they are going out to play on P-day. If so, I'll bet it's against the rules. Because those paintballs, even in a slingshot, hurt like an SOB! And they leave welts that last for days.

Date: September 26, 2011 08:44PM

I thought on P-day they were only supposed to do laundry, write letters and do their grocery shopping, then spend the rest of the day reading scripture? Either way, it still makes me nervous that they are buying sling shots...remind me to hide when the mishies come calling!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 08:45PM by dominikki.

Posted by: pharrell ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 09:03PM

Seriously its probably for a preparation day activity or maybe even an object lesson. One thin I hated while i was on my mission was everybody watching me, judging me for every little thing i did. Sometimes it felt like i had 100 mission presidents >.>

Date: September 26, 2011 09:34PM

By no means at all were my friend and I judging the missionaries, we just thought it was kinda funny! I agree that people tend to judge missionaries, not that I've ever been one, but I've seen it. A couple of years ago some friends and I went to a Bon Jovi concert, sitting in the row in front of us were missionaries. I thought it was funny that they were there, clearly breaking the rules, but I also thought, good for them. One friend I was with however, was highly offended that they were there, so offended that she wrote them a scathing note, threw it in their chairs and insisted we leave before the concert was over, kinda pissed me off as I am a HUGE fan of Bon Jovi! Like I said, thought it was funny that mishies bought sling shots...I thought everyone here would get a kick out of it!

Posted by: ex missionary ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 10:50PM

I remember a new missionary down in Chile in 1993 who had a slingshot. He had only been in the country for a month or so. One night we were all out in the plaza and he was swinging this thing around. Showing off a bit. Anyway, next thing we know, he sends a rock across the plaza and through the window of a house. We all ran away like a bunch of adolescents. I think he went back later and offered to pay for the window but it was hard for him because he hadn't really developed any language skills yet.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 10:21AM

They want to be more like Ammon and King David. You never know when a band of thieves, a giant, or lion may show up to steal the sheep.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 12:12PM

Most likely up to pranks....idle hands....

link: http://jackass-3d-contest.wonderhowto.com/corkboard/fight-withpoo-filled-guns-cannons-slingshots-etc-0119032/

You split into teams and load your selves up with poo filled guns, poo filled cannons, and poo filled slingshots. Then you fight! Its like an extreme version of paintball ( or pooball in this case ). The teams could make poo traps along the way, like when somebody steps on somthing a shower of poo comes down and covers them

Posted by: mkay ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 03:16PM

Maybe they are teaching an investigating family about David and Goliath?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.