Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iShy ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 03:34PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hew-QARTo00

This circulated to me on FB. My Mormon friends are more and more prompt about doing this after I posted up my departure reasons from TSCC once again to clear up some rumors.

While it's a touching story and all, I caught the 'God doesn't answer so quickly all the time' and 'if you have enough faith' jibe....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ksg821 ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 03:48PM

I'm sure it was the guy's prayer that did it. Not. No thought is given to the CPR that was administered. I am surprised, however, that there was no mention of ANYONE calling 911 *while* they were administering CPR to the boy.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 03:51PM

the freakin training they had as EMT's.... sheesh!! if it was truely priesthood powers... they wouldnt have to perform CPR would they??? glad the little tyke is mo better but the reason is cause of EMT training NOT THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!

Posted by: milamber ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 03:54PM

I am sure that both men being 'emergency medical technicians' had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Yep, it must have been the magical priesthood/cleric powers that saved that boy.

And what about the consecrated oil? Are they now saying that it is not needed? Can't they keep their story straight? Or do faith promoting rumors not need to be consistent with doctrine?

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 07:28PM

If there's no grease in the lightning, you don't need the oil.

I'm Gorspel Dacktrin and I approve this message.

Date: September 28, 2011 08:46PM

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 04:08PM

Maybe next time they shouldn't get into a sweat doing CPR, they should just use the priesthood...

Now THAT would be exhibiting faith!

Posted by: Thread killer ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 04:22PM

How come nobody had the "impression" that they were in the middle of a frackin' thunderstorm!

Date: September 28, 2011 05:41PM

The kids didn't care about a little rain, the video said...I bet they'll care now.

Posted by: seeker56 ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 06:13PM

by E. Holland. It was ridiculous. Here is some of my responsive rant that I shared with some faithless family members:

. (why is it that the focus is on the nebulous ”prayers, miracles, and priesthood blessings” but the “high speed ambulance drive and Lifeflight to the burn center at the U of U” are mentioned as corollary? Dude, give me a break! Thank whatever god there might be that people educate and prepare themselves to help each other out! That is the reason the kid is still alive. Not some hocus pocus priesthood blessing. I’ve got no problem with people asking their deity for help and support or whatever – but the lds spin is untenable! For instance, what if instead of the newly ordained elder, it was the kid’s mom cradling his head? Or his “unworthy” inactive father? Or his older sister? I suppose then the spin would be that their “humble prayer” was answered. Which negates any credibility for the supposed “priesthood”. I mean if a “humble prayer” is as good as a priesthood blessing from a guy who was, incidentally, ‘In anticipation of his 19th birthday and forthcoming call to serve a mission” ( we just can’t leave out that juicy manipulative detail, can we?) – than why do we need to give the “priesthood” such credibility? Or what if his atheist grandfather was cradling the kid’s head? I guess then it would be totally up to those two emt’s, Lifeflight, and the burn institute at the U of U. Which is really all it was up to anyway…

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 06:40PM

If the kid had died they would spin that the prayer for him to be OK meant he was OK with Heavenly Father, or Holland might have spun it to sound like a different prayer was said that "he would be safe with Heavenly Father"...

In reality I'll bet the PH kid was just thinking "Oh, God, I hope this kid's gonna be OK!

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 09:00PM

I found it to be 100% bullshit. I hate that guy Holland. He is 100% lying for the cult asshole ala Monson and Paul Dunn. It is manipulative bullshit. Notice how many fools fell for it with the approval rating. Also notice that all comments have to be approved. How many gullible young Mos are going to want to ruin their lives because of the BS? Bullshit, Holland, bullshit.

Notice how the actor is a handsome young man and the real guy, who didn't even have the balls to vocalize his priesthood decree, was an fatass. What? The fatass wasn't available for the reenactment? Very manipulative. Next time, call 911.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.