Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: need to remain anon for this ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 10:33AM

October 3 is a national holiday in Germany (celebrating the re-unification in 1990), falling on a Monday, we are going to have a nice long weekend. After an ugly, cold summer we are having some very beautiful sunny days. Because it is not enough to spend the whole weekend in the chapel watching GC via satellite, members in the Frankfurt area are encouraged to go to the temple on Monday...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 12:32PM

What kill-joys planned this?

Isn't that an imposition on humanity's need for idylic bliss and revelry (hence the long weekend scheduled in the national calendar.)

well maybe some mormons feel SO different, frightened, and strange compared with their fellow citizens that the leadership knows the only way to comfort them- usually, is to continue to isolate them (hence the trip to the temple after cloistering them together siletntly listening and sometimes singing in unison in meetings.)

While their other fellow citizens are meeting, greeting, walking, being and basically self directing their way with friends and family through the weekend.

Posted by: Adult of god on another computer ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 02:48PM

Mormons may feel sorry for me and I feel sorry for them right back!

Posted by: camlough ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 12:35PM

Ugly cold summer?????????? Not where I'm living it wasn't, in fact, still really warm and sunny. I'm looking forward to some colder weather in fact.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 02:33PM

I thot temples closed on mondays. Did that change, or is this a 'special' event given conference weekend?

Posted by: need to remain anon for this ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 03:28PM

Yes, I also thought the temple is closed on Mondays, but I guess they changed the opening times on purpose for this national holiday, right after GC weekend, so that members, instead of spending time together as FAMILIES, possibly outside in this nice weather, will spend at least half a day in the temple. By the way, the bishop said baby-sitting will also be provided.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 03:31PM

There's a word I like to use in situations like this - NO

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 03:57PM

Just say NEIN loud and clear.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 04:17PM

I was there when it happened! And there on Oct 3, 1990!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.