Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonski22 ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 12:16PM

General Conference kicks off with King Droner himself.

He's actually one of the few of these guys, who is a genuinely nice person, but is as dry as 20 yr old paint.

The irony of these 'inspired leaders', is that meeting them in person, is the number 1 way question their so called inspiration, and 'god choosen' status.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 12:51PM

Yes, he's not the best speaker. LOL

I'm watching tying to see seems genuine and he does not.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 01:32PM

I suffer from insomnia and I do not think I could even fall asleep from his boredom. He was always my least favorite speaker because it is always about repentance and missing the mark.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 02:18PM

And OMG when he mentioned that back in 1991 he recorded and ENTIRE audio book of him doing the Book of Mormon, I just pictured his entire family sleeping 100 years in solitude.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 02:25PM

Here is something from the 1992 General Conference from an Apostle:

April 4,1992 - Apostle Richard G. Scott tells general conference that LDS women should avoid "morbid probing into details of past acts, long buried and mercifully forgotten," and that "the Lord may prompt a victim to recognize a degree of responsibility for abuse."

Among his concluding remarks: "Remember, false accusation is also a sin," and 'bury the past." Unspoken background to his remarks is that in recent years current stake presidents and temple workers have been accused of child abuse by their now adult children.

Salt Lake Tribune reports that suicide prevention lines are swamped with telephone calls by women in days after Scott's remarks.

"The victim must do all in his or her power to stop the abuse. Most often, the victim is innocent because of being disabled by fear or the power or authority of the offender. At some point in time, however, the Lord may prompt a victim to recognize a degree of responsibility for abuse. Your priesthood leader will help assess your responsibility so that, if needed, it can be addressed. Otherwise the seeds of guilt will remain and sprout into bitter fruit. Yet no matter what degree of responsibility, from absolutely none to increasing consent, the healing power of the atonement of Jesus Christ can provide a complete cure."
- Apostle Richard G. Scott "Healing the Tragic Scars of Abuse," General Conference, Ensign, May 1992

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 02:43PM

I remember that.

Asshole.

My older sister was continually raped by my father (her step-father) from the time my mother married him when she was about 2, until my mother divorced him when she was 9 years old.

What degree of responsibility did my sister have, I'd like Scott to tell me!!! My mother knew it was going on yet didn't stop it. It has ruined my sister's life in many ways.

And he calls himself a man of gawd.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.