Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 01:11PM

My son had his birthday sleepover last night w/3 other buddies....one which was mormon.

The wife and I made breakfast for everyone.

GUESS which kid HAD to leave?? Yep the mormon one. He HAD to be home in time to watch GC...all day long.

He got no breakfast and left w/o saying goodbye.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alight ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 01:17PM

im 16 and im forced to watch it too :( but this year im watching it with my sister upstairs and am secretly catching up on my college classes. what a lazy and evil daughter i am.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 01:33PM

I'm proud of you keeping up with your college classes. That is effort which will pay off. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: alight ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 01:39PM

my mom said she was proud and impressed with me, but she doesnt understand how hard it is to adjust right away to all the classes im taking this year. she wants me to still have time for young womens, family home evening, family scripture study, 8 hours of GC...

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 01:49PM

You sound like a good young lady! Your education is extremely important. Keep up the good work. You will adjust to the workload, it just takes time and effort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2011 01:49PM by tsawyer2.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 02:30PM

can afford it.

Most of all, it will increase the chances of a good job so you can be permanently independent of your TBM parents!

Date: October 01, 2011 02:50PM

The freshman introduction 101 classes were the hardest. That was my experience and I wish someone had told me it would get easier in time.

Date: October 01, 2011 02:54PM

How pathetic that his parents made him skip a nice birthday breakfast and that he'll have to spend all day listening to cranky old guys droning about subjects no kid could relate to.

I wonder how many TBM parents put their kiddies through that kind of torture when the sun is shining and friends are wanting to exercise and explore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.