Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 04:37PM

Having children is a sacred decision, and many put off having children because they have better things to do, how dare they. It is our calling as women, and we are blessed for our willingness. Barf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 04:39PM

This talk is pissing me off more and more. Why would you put off having kids to become a doctor? What a stupid idea!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 04:42PM

when I was mormon. My ex wanted SIX.

I can't imagine quadrupling the problems I've had. No wonder my mother was so depressed--she had six.

I love my kids more than life itself--BUT I heard someone say just recently that having kids is one of the most narcisstic acts we can do.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 04:51PM

I was so pissed I was yelling, "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!" to the TV. Last time, the guilt tripping was for single men to marry. Now it's to have kids galore. What a goddamn fuckface.

I was also disgusted how he said you should have kids in college. I remember seeing all the shitload of poverty while at YBU and Provo. Then this asshole pulls the guilt trip shit about how you shouldn't worry about finances and have a family anyway in poverty. YOU GODDAMN FUCKFACE. then he does a pity part for families who only had a few kids and wish they had MORE!!!!

OMFG!!!! I knew a family in my ward back east that had FOURTEEN! a wife of one of the sons later lamented how sad she ws she could only give this one son four kids before having a hysterectomy. I looked at her like she was totally insane. How fucking STUPID is that????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2011 04:55PM by imalive.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 04:59PM

Nope. She's now a worn out self important old mormon lady who feels overworked and underappreciated.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 10:29PM

Well, mrs duggar is on # 19, and she's not even mormon. Your sister has many more to go to get aclaim for her motherhood. Not that that's likely to happen anyway. Mormon leaders (incl. bishops) don't have a tendancy to praise women for their works....least not in my old ward.

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 05:00PM

Posted by: sparta ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 05:20PM

How the holy hell are you supposed to pay for college, and for a family too??

Jeez, when I was in college I was still (just) a kid myself - it's where I did my growing up.

What a scam the morg is!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 05:35PM

I think I missed that because I'm not watching.

I'm very glad we only had two, although I would have liked a third. But that was all. When DH and I were dating, his mom told me he'd always wanted 14 kids. I think she thought that would impress me, since she came from a family of 10 kids and only stopped having kids at 4 herself because of health issues. I just about made up my mind to dump him then and there, but each of his sisters pulled me aside and told me their mom was exaggerating a lot. So I asked him and he said he had never said he wanted more than 4 and his mom was just making things up. Now that he has to support them and has seen how much time and work it takes, he's glad he only had two so they can get the time and opportunities they deserve.

I really hate how the Morg thinks they can make our most private, personal life decisions for us and use peer pressure to ensure they get what they want. I also hate how they make it look all romantic to be poor, with young babies and still in college. They make it look like a romantic quest that you can look back on with pride some day. Instead of the hell on earth it often is.

Posted by: nowI'mfound ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 10:16PM

I have 3 children and also had two first-trimester miscarriages. I remember how we originally wanted 5 kids. SOOOO thankful I stopped at 3. Two of our kids came with challenges that we weren't expecting--problems that didn't show up until years later. Think of where we'd be if we'd kept popping out children.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 04:13PM

Apparently Uchtdorf has some book that DB is advertising: Your Happily Ever After.

So girls are still encouraged to have that fantasy baloney?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.