Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 10:16AM

Or are you watching conference for some reason?

I will be doing some research for my new project, playing video games, and enjoying time with my sweet doggies who are currently snuggled up against me as close as they can while I lie on the couch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 10:21AM

What I do every fall Saturday or Sunday afternoon: watch football.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 10:29AM

I made frog eye salad and puzzle piece jello wiggles to take with me to the Conference Mocking at Don's place in Concord this morning.

After a brunch and lots of lightmindedness and scoffing, I will be back in my lawn chair to watch the General Authorities contradict each other, conflate the membership figures, unwind the weirdness, and most importantly, keep from peeing their thrones.

Actually, I have it on as background while I reorganize my closets.

Anagrammy

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 10:33AM

Soaking at Harbin Hot Springs and enjoying nature.

Posted by: lefthandedgoat ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 10:53AM

Sitting in front of a cozy fireplace on a chilly sunny day here in Indiana with my husband drinking mugs of coffee with lots of caramel macchiato cream surfing the web for dreamy travel ideas for next summer.

Why in the world did I torture myself for so many years going/listening to conference? (And spend all of our travel money on tithing?)

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 10:57AM

Enjoying the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque,NM.

Lots if way cool balloons!

TG

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:21AM

I'm slow smoking a pork shoulder on the grill so I can make good old southern style pulled pork BBQ. I prefer eastern style even though I live in Lexington country. I'll have a few beers while watching the baseball playoffs later. Just a fine, relaxing day here in the Carolinas!

Posted by: Southbound ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:24AM

Day off from the oil patch. Do laundry, take a walk, relax a bit. Count the days to Christmas till I can go home for for a few days.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:35AM

I'm trying to wake up. I was up till late trying to clean up after a big computer crash last night. I'm guzzling black coffee and listening to Bob Wills. If that doesn't wake me up then I'm dead.

Aaah Haah!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:46AM

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition I am going to work and try to get people interested in digestive health related products the entire time, bwaa haa haa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2011 11:51AM by imalive.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:47AM

...watching a little football, watching Breaking Bad tonight.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:49AM

Cleaning house, baking cookies, and getting some yummy iced coffee this afternoon. My DH is going to bottle the Strawberry Lager today! Woohoo!

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:04PM

It's pirate weekend!

Yesterday, college football and baseball playoffs, today renfaire. I'm so sad I'm missing out on all the prophesying, seering, and revelating coming out the mouths of the good ole white boys in Salt Lake!

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:11PM

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:29PM

Met some friends at Starbucks for coffee and then going to a sports bar to watch some NFL games with other friends

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:31PM

Making breakfast and shaking off too much drinking with BF last night. Making stroganoff for dinner and watching the Dexter season premiere! I wait all year for this!

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 06:19PM

Ahhhh I want to watch Dexter but we cancelled Showtime a few months ago!

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:34PM

Going to head out to pick up some bulbs, plant them, and then watch some NASCAR.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:43PM

Writing up my story in the hopes that I will be able to post it in the Bios section here someday!

Posted by: iShy ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:07PM

Laying in bed suffering from exreme headaches and a darned cold. Not much fun, but it could be worse.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:09PM

I'm not going to lie. I'm sitting in front of my desktop monitor on RfM while DW and children are watching conference, and I can hear it now. Maybe I've been watching too much Star Trek reruns on Netflix or something, but its like the Borg collective voice booming through my house...
Can't drown out the voices in my house...must resist...please, captain, terminate me...

Posted by: iShy ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:14PM

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:25PM

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:18PM

Took my TBM wife and young kids to the zoo today :)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:20PM

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:30PM

learning to play hockey

always wanted to play but never took the time - the 'hockey skills' class is on sundays so... it's perfect!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:31PM

Coffee - early Mass - jogging - Belgian waffles for brunch and football on TV. But we are watching a few minutes of conference because DH wanted to watch it. He watched 2 talks and went and took a nap. That's a man whose priorities are in order - deep down. lol

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:42PM

Doing an exam at university and preparing for another that will take place in a couple of days.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:43PM

Making dill pickles. Bednar would be proud.

Posted by: observantstudent ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:45PM

Yesterday, spent quite a bit of time online and playing Minecraft. Also went to a university event about African culture. Today, probably going to play video games.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:48PM

I'm drinking coffee as usual, then going to run errands and do some laundry as well as unload the dishwasher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2011 01:49PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:51PM

I made myself furious today by listening to Neil Anderson's talk regarding our responsibility to be pro-creatively irresponsible.

After I calmed down, I put up Halloween decorations with my wife and son. Later I'll spend some time going through my costume makeup and price out foam latex online.

Posted by: Moosefan ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:13PM

We just got done having brunch-creme brulee french toast-and are now doing laundry and watching Men in Black. I plan on putting up the rest of our Halloween decorations later and just enjoying time with my family.

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:25PM

At Starbucks listening to Hunky Dory by David Bowie and will later hit the local gym.

Posted by: german lurker ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:28PM

enjoying the wonderful warm weather (27 °C/80,6 °F) and preparing (horse, carriage, clothes etc.) for tomorrow's schussenrieder fuhrmannstag :-) :
http://www.events-baden-wuerttemberg.com/event.asp?IVE=2124175

here some pictures from 2009:

http://www.wochenblatt-online.de/artikel.php?id=7001666

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:32PM

Watching the Irish RM on DVD, and the dog sleep, while playing here and puttering around the house.
I can't watch GC anyway, even if I wanted to as I don't have cable or satellite. I've broken down and ordered Direct TV to come Oct 12. I hope I'll like it.

Susan

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:39PM

Oh, and I am finishing up a book I've been reading and starting another, doing laundry and am going to watch the pilot for Terra Nova with Crystal. If I like it, I will expect it to be off the air soon, of course. I am the Anti-Nielson Rating--I like it and it's done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2011 02:41PM by robertb.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:46PM

Just back from fishing. Will clean them and give them to some neighbors. Sucking down a cold beer and relaxing. Life is good.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:47PM

This morning my husband and I planted 600 flower bulbs around our apartment building for next spring. I'm the biggest landlord (I have the apartment where we live and four for rent, most other residents have one or two flats apart from the one they inhabit), so we take care of a lot of things in the complex. We already have shrubs, trees and other such greenery in a small front yard and a larger inner courtyard, now also flowers.

Then we went out for a long walk with our dog, had pancakes with tea on a nice terrace in a pedestrianized street, then another walk.

Now it's 8:45 pm and we've just come home. Early to bed, work from 8 to 4 tomorrow.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:54PM

never was a TBM. neither jack mormon. i only watched the GC once in my life --2003. so conf day was always business as usual for me.

anyway...i'm fixing one of my surfboards. waiting for the resin to harden. then i will watch all blacks vs canada (rugby world cup). it's going to be one way traffic that's for sure but still fun...

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 06:01PM

We ate a roast duck dinner in the garden for lunch.

Later we ate Mr Kipling's French Fancies with Gallo Brother's White Zinfandel, which tasted like a blend of melon, raspberries and maybe some strawberries, too.

We lit candles and watched our solar lights.

It was a gorgeous day.

Posted by: themosthappy ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 06:15PM

We've been messing around on our computers, the kids are outside playing, and I've just put up my Halloween decorations.

Tonight we'll barbecue, and once the kids are in bed we'll enjoy the new episodes of Dexter and Breaking Bad.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 07:11PM

Gardening, feasting, imbibing, and thanking my wide-open eyes that I'm not listening to that ... stuff. ;-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.