Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 03:00PM

In a conversation with a TBM friend, the big security guy standing right by TSM came up. I mentioned that was funny, usually you don't see them in the cameras. She turned defensive right away, I'm not sure why because as far as she knows I am still TBM as well. Then she said that there had been at least one attempt to murder Hinckley and even Monson. I said really? I don't think I heard of any of it. She went on about some other stuff and how sorry she felt for JS, who 'has been dead for over 100 years and people still hate him'.

Anyway, was there an attempt to murder President Hinckley? What about Monson?

My apologies for not knowing but I'm far away from SLC and mormon news don't really come our way, we must go out there looking for them. =)

Thanks,
D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 03:08PM

I think God has taken a couple shots at the both of them, but unless there's an assassin that operates under the guise or cardiac failure and senility then I can't think of anything.

Posted by: missguided ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 09:37PM

:)

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: October 04, 2011 10:11PM

God's vengence is progressive.

First he makes their factories little, then he causes them not to work as factories anymore, and then he makes them dribble.

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 03:13PM

We probably would not know about the story IF it were true. I am sure many celebreties get death threats and maybe even someone who stalks them but never gets close to them.

How can I say this tactfully....

Do I or any of us really care if TSM lives another 5 minutes or another 15 years? I just see an old man who dyes his hair with false teeth. Apparently he has (controlled) diabetes, he is in his middle 80s, somewhat overweight, he won't be around that much longer. Besides some of the guys behind him are worse, so maybe we should hope he lives longer than some of them (like BKP).

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 07:30PM

...to show the forces of evil are out to thwart the glorious work blah blah persecution complex blah blah blah...

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 03:13PM

My response would be more along the lines of "so what's the point of wearing their garments if they're afraid of assasination? Have they defiled them in some way so they're worried they won't protect them?

Bodyguards, armored cars, bulletproof glass, danites... what a great deal of faith.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 03:35PM

Bullshit.

Ron

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 03, 2011 09:41PM

It may be the only way he would be able to survive long enough to become head prophet.

Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 12:42AM

named "CODY JUDY" rushed the podium at a BYU devotional or something like that - that tweaks in my fast declining memory.
Can't remember which prophet it was though ??

JB

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 02:41AM

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 01:11AM

Soon they'll have tasters, guards, bullet-proof vests, all the signs of no faith in God's loving protection.

No doubt it's a competitor cult--assassins from Scientology? JW?

or much more likely, one of the (angry) three Nephites on behalf of Joseph Smith's true church, the Warren Jeff fundamentalists.

Anagrammy

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 04:07AM

Many years ago, when ETB was being propped up for show and GBH was actually running things, there was a dinner-conference featuring GBH at a local hotel in our town.

I hadn't been officially invited, but I felt I had to go because I was the Beehive leader at the time, and my girls had put a lot of work into making a beautiful card (fantastic painting and drawing and calligraphy) for GBH and they had all signed it, and I felt obliged (and proud) to deliver it.

I had to ask the front-desk people where the Mormon shindig was being held, and then made my way to that conference room. I opened the door just an inch and poked my nose in, to be sure this was the right place, and immediately, at least three big guys in dark suits swiveled toward me. I didn't know any of them and they certainly didn't look very friendly.

Fortunately, several people sitting at tables toward the back end of the room turned also, recognized me, and beckoned me to come into the room and join them. The goons stood down when I settled among friends at one of the tables.

I had no way of knowing whether they were armed, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they were.

That entire evening was a real eye-opener for me. I found myself chatting with Mrs. GBH, as she seemed to be completely ignored by everyone else. (Standard protocol, I realize now, but I thought it was rude back then.)

And The Great Man Himself - well - when I finally presented him with the card that my girls had put so much love and labor into - he barely glanced at it and announced that he would pass it along to ETB. "But it's for YOU, sir," I told him. He looked at me as if I were speaking in a foreign language, so I repeated, "My Beehive girls made it for YOU!" He replied, "Well, I'll give it to him anyway," and very pointedly turned to the next person in line. I had been dismissed, just like that.

I never had any use for the man from then on.

Date: October 06, 2011 11:11AM

Wow, three of them ready to take you out! I'm glad that people waved you in.

When I first heard president Hinckley speak I didn't like him at all, I remember thinking hope this guy is never the president, ha little did this new convert know that he was already running the show! He eventually grew on me but thanks to RfM stories and facts my impression is changing again.

Thanks Catnip for sharing

D

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 11:51AM

hinckley trashes LDS missionaries on national TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuN_ZDJKkPo

word is that Hinckley never really died and that if anyone really wanted to be rid of him it was LDS inc and this is how they did it

(you tube is so screwed up anymore that you might have to manually move the cursor ahead of the stall point & restart to get the video to play out to the finish.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fknq2I3o034

Posted by: Stalking ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 01:25AM

I don't know anything about Hinckley, but I remember an incident during the late 80s or early 90s where someone threatened to detonate a homemade bomb during a BYU devotional presided over by President Howard W. Hunter. The guy was tackled by security and a handful of students, or so I heard.

I think the Church News reported the event. You can probably google it.

Then recently, some guy was charged with stalking President Monson. I don't remember the details because I just happened to see the headline while browsing the Salt Lake Tribune.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 11:58AM

Stalking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Then recently, some guy was charged with stalking
> President Monson. I don't remember the details
> because I just happened to see the headline while
> browsing the Salt Lake Tribune.

heres some details

they promote the LDS pres as a modern day prophet who speakes
directly to God to provide ppl with critically needed insights

they depend on ppl being crazy enough to be able to actually believe their LDS BS and pay money for it

and then when some guy really takes their BS message seriously, really believes it and seeks out the prophet for some badly needed counsel

THEN guess what happens! they call the cops!

I think the wrong person went to jail!

Posted by: Joseph Smiths Horse ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 01:53AM

What if Monson is already dead and isn't the real Monson and it's his double that is the one presiding over the church? What if he died right before the making of the White album and an impersonator was put in his place?

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 02:21AM

Date: October 05, 2011 10:23AM

Thank for the responses and the laughs. =)

Next time I'll tell my friend about HWH and mentioned to check facts.

What was funny is how defensive she got, or maybe she's always been that way and I am noticing more now. She did serve a mission and her answers in any discussion have always been a la mopologist.

Maybe she suspects something is up with me. When I'm out she'll be one of the people I'll tell in person.

D

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 04:33PM

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 05:51PM

He was getting impatient that Tommy won't die.

Posted by: Angel with a Flaming Sword ( )
Date: October 05, 2011 05:40PM

Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 06:01AM

I wish mormons knew how much people really couldn't give two shits about the church. Sure, most of us on this site think Joseph Smith is an idiot, but we don't walk around with hate in our heart, unable to concentrate on anything else because we just hate him so much.
Most people don't even know who TSM is. They think our prophet is Warren Jeffs.
They want so badly to believe that they are suffering to live this different life (while at the same time trying so hard to be mainstream). They want to be hated by the world to prove to themselves they are doing right and the devil is out to get them. blah blah blah

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 11:21AM

How insulting .....GBH is a punk rock band from the 80's and I keep getting the shorthand crossed up. GBH was for Great Bodily Harm.....ironic.

No one cares about GBH or GBH outside of the small cult following......see how that works?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.