Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 12:07AM

That’s right folks, “I am a Mormon”.

Well the local peeps think it’s wrong to use that billboard for religious purposes and to support their views they were out there picketing the stupid thing.

The electronic billboard scrolls through several signs. Every 15 mins the “I’m a Mormon” gets its turn. Guess how much the church paid? ONE POINT TWO MILLION DOLLARS for a month.

This is on top of all the static billboards that have gone up in the Denver area!

Everyone I know see’s right through the insanity. Seems to me that a mormon with one eye on the dust at the back side of the toilet they’re cleaning and one eye on that flashing billboard has got to go “hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm?”

My friends husband works with a mormon dad. They just raided their 401K to help pay the mortgage or they'll lose their house. They refuse to stop paying tithing. When a Widow gives up her "mite" only she suffers. When a father does it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 12:24AM

The waste of money is just obscene. This is all with an eye on having a viable presidential candidate. One who will do their bidding. Can you imagine the bullshit that a mormon president would try and cram down peoples throats? All federal buildings would be caffine free (to make eveyone a better person). No sex ed in school (because everyone would be better of being a virgin until they marry a person they have known for two months). Bring back prohibition.

And that money could have benefited people who need food and shelter. or a car so they can get a job. But..NO....it has to be a frikken mass media attempts at brain washing. Well, guess what, it ain't workin. Mormons are freaks and everyone knows it.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 12:43AM

might be willing to write a letter to the local newspaper?

Posted by: Diane ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 08:21AM

Ugh...staying away from downtown. I don't think I could stomach it.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 01:31PM

Tippity Top.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 05:16PM

that says "I am a Mormon." So what is the sign trying to articulate? Let us know if they're paying for more than a month.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.