Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 12:13AM

i've used it for the past 2 years. 99.9% accuracy if not 100%.

hell, one dynasty used it for divination purposes and it lasted 800 years. i only hope for 50 more and i'm all set.

has anyone tried? what's your take on this?

i think it's just you. i think you will find your answers deep down within yourself no matter what is shown to you; i don't believe it's the universe or spirits.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 12:26AM

I have hexagram 57/58 tattooed on me...depending on which way you are facing me :).

Love I-Ching

Date: October 07, 2011 01:31AM

dope. i love the iching i've never really thought of a tatoo though. right on.

has it worked for you? i mean consulting the iching?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 05:48AM

I did it for many years. There's a ton of wisdom in the I-Ching. One thing that I've found is that if you over-use it (i.e. ask the same question too frequently,) it will shut down on you. I once threw hexagram two with all changing lines.

I've used many different translations of the I-Ching, often consulting two or more versions for the same throw. I think that most versions have value. Toward the end of the time that I was actively engaged with the I-Ching, I especially enjoyed R.L Wing's I-Ching Workbook.

Now I often recognize situations portrayed by the I-Ching as I go about my life.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 10:47AM

I've tried it before, and even as a teen using coins with the I-Ching felt very natural.

If I want to simply meditate, though, I find the Tao te Ching more useful.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 11:05AM

I think it's interesting, but it's along the same lines as tarot cards, which I was very "proliferic" and accurate with. A lot of the answers are already in your head and divining tools serve as a validation of these answers.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 11:10AM

Looked i-ching up and it was too much info at one go. Went to the i-ching online page, typed a question and the answers are vague poetry lines. Any of you care to splain this system? Thanks.

Date: October 07, 2011 01:53PM

i use primarily two books:

one with a modern approach --> http://www.amazon.com/Living-Ching-Ancient-Chinese-Wisdom/dp/0060850027/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1318009514&sr=8-12

and a classic --> http://www.amazon.com/I-Ching-Book-Changes/dp/069109750X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318009514&sr=8-1

i try the first one as it provides more insightful explanations at least in plain english. the second one is just to explore and go deeper into the meaning.

one thing that REALLY puzzled me once: i asked a question, tossed my coins. i got my hexagram. not happy, the next day, i tossed them again. same hexagram. then again. then again.

then i asked a completely different question. a different hexagram.

then i went back to my original question..used different set of coins and i got the same hexagram i had the previous 4 times.

i was shocked. repeated 2 more times. same hexagram.

dude, i got 7 times the same answer!! even squeezing in a different question to "confuse" the iching...even with different coins i got the same hexagram!!

to me that's just amazing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.