Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:01PM

I am feeling down. Son is missing more school, now almost 6 wks. I feel like shit. I am behind in school. I feel alone I guess.

Just feeling sorry for myself. I need to get out with someone. Just started cymbalta after effexor, maybe that is the issue.

Feel like crying about anything and everything.

Anyone want to go see contagion with me and my son?

That oughta help my mood.

Hating the church that helped put me here.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ablmu65 ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:06PM

I did cymbalta after paxil it wasn't fun so I can kind of understand how you are feeling a little. I read a lot and or played video games to keep my mind occupied. If not I became my own worst enemy. Hang in there it does get better takes a while for cymbalta to get in your system and balance.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:07PM

I understand your pain, nomomomo. Truly. I can't go anywhere (and am probably not in your area anyway), but I can hug you in my heart.

Also, have heard good things about cymbalta. Just hang in there and let the meds work.

Meanwhile, you've done a good thing, reaching out. The board is so good about being there for others.

((hugs))

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:11PM

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:14PM

alcohol (for now) and drinking plenty of water?

Treat yourself well.

I ask because I care. Consider me a friend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 02:14PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: Misty ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:14PM

I would love to see that movie. What area do you live in??

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:35PM

Yeah, I have nothing going on today too. SLC area?

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:19PM

Can your physician taper your meds or get you off it completely? It doesn't seem to be helping you cope right now. Have you any family in your area you can talk to or phone? Keep posting here if it helps you get your mind off your situation.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:25PM

I have started some email correspondences from this board and it is such a boost.

Posted by: Anonforthis ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:36PM

I was just taken off of Zoloft and put on Cymbalta. 30mg for two weeks, then I go up to 60mg. Right now I'm on week two of the 30mg. It is so minor that it is not helping. I'm hoping that when I start the 60mg, I will be better balanced than I am now. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor on the 26th.

I'm looking forward to a positive, bright future. There has to be one out there. I hope you will feel MUCH better soon.

Hugs!

Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:43PM

Aren't you in Denver or nearby?

Posted by: HooeyMinns ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:50PM

I tried to cold turkey Effexor and felt the same way. You didn't just abruptly stop taking Effexor, did you?

Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 02:51PM

Thanks everyone. I ran to Mcdonalds and got us some food, feel a tiny bit better.

I live in Eagle Mountain, Utah. SLC just a few minutes away.

It helps to know that I am not the only one....

Changing meds is supposed to help, so it is frustrating. My son's injury is frustrating.

how do i give out my email? I am not worried about anyone finding out about me being nomo...

so, it's spottydogspot@yahoo

yeah, my kid and I really have wanted to see that on big screen too

I dont' mind driving either

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 03:20PM

I'm across the country from ya, so I'll just have to say I hope you feel better soon. You really seem like a nice person. Not too many people here from North Carolina, but then again not too many TBMs in my area to go ex-mo. I'm only aware of one TSCC building in my area, but the parking lot sure does look full on Sunday mornings.

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 03:39PM

I'd love to see Contagion! Actually I've seen it 3 times (no kidding). The best part is the U2 song at the end (OK, I'm a big U2 fan...). But you probably live somewhere far away from Northern Utah...

I love seeing movies, especially when I'm down. Which I am today...it's a long story...about a stolen car, that is now found, but it will cost me alot of money to get it, due to a police error....

Huge bummer. Nobody would even believe the story!

The deal with anti-depressants is that usually people have to try 2 or 3 until they find one that works. So if Cymbalta isn't working have them switch. See your doctor. Good luck...

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 03:41PM

I would be happy to talk to you about your depression or other problems or meet you to see a movie. I also have depression.

I live about 30 miles North of you in Salt Lake County. We could meet someplace in the middle like Draper. There's a new theater just off the freeway where VF Factory outlet used to be.

Shoot me an email if you're interested.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 03:47PM

How about Moneyball or the movie about the dolphin (I forget the name). Go see something that will make you laugh out loud. Or something that will lift your spirits. From what I hear about Contagion it will only deepen your funk.

Posted by: anontoo ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 04:31PM

Before I got out of a bad marriage and out of the morg I was on three different anti depression meds at the same time. I lived like that for about 25 years and it was hell.

I tried prozac, paxil, effexor, aderal, and some I can't even remember the names of. I remember feeling like I was totally alone in the world in a deep dark hole with no future no past no present and no reason to live.

My dark trip to rock bottom came one afternoon in July about 5 years ago. I wrote letters to my kids, parents, and my now ex. I made some arrangements, and then I took my 45ACP and got on my bike and headed for the mountains. I had thought this through quite thoroughly and I had decided I didn't want any of my loved ones to find me so I thought if I drove out in the mountains if someone did find me it would be a total stranger.

I drove to the spot I was going to end my living hell and sat there on my bike with the gun in my hand. I sat and sat and pointed it where I thought it would be a sure thing(I didn't want to end up a vegetable) then I sat and thought some more.

In the end I sat there for almost two hours and finally decided I wanted to live more than I wanted out of my living hell.

I decided that if I had to continue living because I didn't have the courage to do the dirty deed then I had to make some changes. That day I told my ex that I was done with church that I would never set foot in another one, and that I would never pay another dime to tithing. I began doing things that I wanted to do, and I started to enjoy life just a little bit.

As time went on I learned how to live without the guilt of the morg on my shoulders constantly and as I learned that I discovered that the reason I had stayed in a broken relationship for so long was because of that guilt. I exited the broken relationship, shortly after I exited the morg and I have never looked back.

Today I am a very happy man, I love life, I am with a wonderful lady who I love more than I thought I could love and who loves me back just as much. She brought her 2 year old daughter into our relationship because the little girl's bio father is a dead beet and a loser so I have all my children from my first marriage who are grown and some have kids of their own, I have grandchildren, and I am raising a little girl who is now 4 years old. My little girl calls me daddy and every time I hear her say it my heart just melts. I do not take any anti depressants and I have never felt better in my life.

There are times when I am sitting quietly and thinking when I remember that day that I hit rock bottom and I shudder to think that I almost missed out on all of this happiness.

I know how helpless it can feel to be in that deep dark hole feeling like life is hopeless but I can tell you from experience that it isn't hopeless. It was a hard journey for me to climb out of that hole and turn my life around but it was so very worth the effort. I also know that your circumstances are not exactly like mine and that it is different for everyone, but the end result is happiness like you have probably dreamed about and wished for and it is so worth the trip.

I live in south Utah County and I would love to be your friend. The one thing I had through my dark journey was a friend who is like a brother to me and he has been there for me the entire time. Having a friend who loves you for who you are and doesn't judge you is a priceless gift and if I can pay his friendship forward by helping someone else I would consider it an honor. You can contact me at utahnomo@yahoo.com. I don't check that email every day so be patient if I don't respond immediately. Once we talk I will give you my regular email and we can build a friendship if you like. Just know that there is life after the morg and that life is so much better than the one you left in the morg.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 05:05PM

Nomo: PM this guy today!

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 06:15PM

So you killed the person that was not you. I guess that makes you a spiritual cancer survivor!!! Well done!!

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 06:34PM

Thanks for sharing this story. I'm happy you made the choices you did and are now happy.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 06:36PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.