Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 07:41PM

Twice today I've been told that I'm not going to heaven because I'm not saved. And twice I've replied that it's not their place to judge me accounding to what their book tells them.

Twice I was asked that if I knew that the person who was talking to me had the truth, wouldn't I want to know it? And twice I've replied that all they have is their opinion of the truth and that nobody has absolute truth.

Please listen to me. I really don't give a shit that you're saved, or that you think you have the truth. I really don't. I don't care to hear you quote Acts, or John, or Psalms. Your book means as much to me as the BOM or Koran. Please stop shoving your fairy tales into my face. I try to be nice but your pushiness and arrogance are a real turn off. Shut the *F* up already.

I've had enough with the born-agains.

Thank you for listening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 07:46PM

You are most welcome!

They are such twits, aren't they? ;oD

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 07:49PM

"Saved from what?" is my usual reply. This leads to a very entertaining discussion where they have to defend how evil their god is and I love to hear them deny that jesus is a mafia boss.

It's always good times...

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 07:58PM

Three times this week I have been Facebooked by individuals asking me if I know Jesus Christ. I have told them to fuck-off--that is my business.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 08:33PM

I just love that one! It occurred to me one day when driving by the local Baptist church and it said something about knowing God and I thought--"Nope, I don't know him." Then the believers would probably tell me--but that is my fault.

Sorry--but I don't know God and I don't know Jesus.

I do know my parents--who died 2-1/2 years ago. I want to see them again, but do I know Jesus Christ. Nope.

Why do people put so much value into something they can't know for sure and no value in those who matter the most?

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 08:35PM

Because other people are really just competition for jesus-worshipers. There are only so many seats at the wedding supper of the lamb and they all feel like they RSVPd...

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 09:41PM

You can become an ordained minister free online. Whenever some born-again pushes this issue I tell them I'm an ordained minister and whip out my credentials. They are always so shocked. It's really funny. When they argue I'm not a real minister I say, "Yeah I am! I can even perform marriages if I want!" What can they say to that?

Posted by: presbyterian ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 09:43PM

So sorry about your bad experiences. Even Christians can be big fat jerks. If you want to, you can quote them James 4:12
"There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save and destroy. So who, then, are you to judge your neighbor?"

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 10:02PM

Mormons say that when they come to the door...."if you knew I had the truth wouldn't you want to listen to it?' Hogwash. IF you haven't hearD the other testAment of JC wouldn't you want to know of it?" NO...NO...NO...go away. Who are you I say....specimen #1 for most arrogant? Go away.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 10:30PM

Born Again: You are not going to heaven because you aren't saved.

thedrive: Are YOU going to heaven?

Born Again: Of course, I've been saved.

thedrive: Well, I can't think of a bigger punishment than spending eternity with self-righteous people like you so I think I'll just stay unsaved.

Posted by: olloe ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 10:37PM

Ulitmately, Christianity solves a problem of its own making- that being human is deserving of eternal torture. Soif you buy this lie, we have a way to get you off! What BS!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 11:12PM

A coworker has recently been through grueling chemo for breast cancer. Today she had surgery to remove both breasts. We got the phone call that she was out of surgery and that the pathologist thinks they got all the cancer.

So, working around many Born Again types, what ensues? A Jesus Praise Fest (this was a first for me). They were standing there with their hands in the air saying, "Look at what God has done" and "Thank you Jesus." "God is great, praise him."

It was beyond creepy. It was like they instantaneously became possessed with crazy.

I was thinking, "What about the doctor who did the surgery and all the research behind the chemo? No thanks to them. Thank God (the one who could have prevented the cancer).

It's even weirder when a couple of these Baptists start discussing scriptures.

They have more church busy work activities than I ever had as a Mormon. But they are saved and clueless that anyone might not think that was wonderful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 11:21PM by dagny.

Posted by: corajudd ( )
Date: October 14, 2011 12:51AM

That stuff makes me nuts - if they're so certain that it's ultimately in God's hands and science has nothing to do with it, why even bother to go to the doctor?? Why have chemo or even take an aspirin?

I'd hate be a doctor for this very reason. I wouldn't be able to resist telling such people, "No. Thank ME! And the 3,000 years of scientific advancement!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.