Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 10:05AM

that asked people to bear their testimony on November 6? Well, I just posted mine, and while it's long, here it is:

"And now I bear my testimony: I KNOW that the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" is nothing more than a destructive cult or, worse yet, a corporate entity masquerading as a church. It has a sales force of 50000+ "missionaries" who go out and tell people that the "one true church" is theirs and that all their other belief systems are wrong. These "missionaries" say they're following the words of Jesus, but that in itself is a lie. You listen more to a con artist/statutory rapist named Joseph Smith who used his supposed "revelation" to "marry" females as young as 14 years young (which would now be considered statutory rape). He tried to destroy those who were telling the truth about him (Nauvoo Expositor).

Those who follow his "teachings" today are known for their lying about their past and present practices (remember Gordon Hinckley lying about "I don't know that we teach that" when he did indeed know that he did? And how about the continued baptism of Jewish Holocaust victims?).

Those who follow this destructive cult don't even read the words of their prophets; otherwise they'd know about (as an example) D&C 132, where it says in black and white that the only way to get into heaven is to be a polygamist. They don't even follow their own Articles of Faith, specifically #s 11, 12 and 13 (allowing all to worship as they please, obeying the laws of the land, and being honest in their dealings with their fellow human beings). If they did, there wouldn't be a need for a 50000+ member "missionary force," there wouldn't have been support for things like Proposition 8 in California and there wouldn't have been baptizing of Jewish Holocaust victims (all these are merely examples, not an all-inclusive list).

And before you say that I'm echoing the words of Satan, allow me to remind you that there are other faiths out there which do the exact same thing as you, and if it were up to them, you'd be killed for your beliefs because you follow a different belief system.

And before you say again that I'm echoing the words of Satan, allow me to remind you that you call the Roman Catholic church the "great and abominable whore" or the "great and abominable satan." And that you show no respect to the Jewish faith, which has done nothing to warrant your hate except to exist. If you truly loved the Jews, you'd LEAVE THEM ALONE, just as you want those of us who disagree with you to leave you alone.

I'd go on, but that's enough for now. I will post more if need be, but I merely wanted to post my testimony and give you all food for thought."

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 15, 2010 10:54AM

someone posts the following:

"The church is true!! :) and that is the truth...so yeah. :)"

I told her no, it isn't, using Biblical reference.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 11:42AM

It seems to me that might be a good thing to do, for some believing Mormon to testify of God's residence on or near Kolob as told in modern day scripture. It might also be a good time to testify of the bodily protection offered by garments. Just saying. ;)

Date: November 15, 2010 11:47AM

No, no one mentioned Kolob. It also turns out all this testifying was being done to celebrate the birthday of Uchdorf (sp?), which was November 6.

Posted by: freegirl10 ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 12:19PM

OMG, tell them about the temple ceremony! That should scare the crap out of anyone...investigators and new members alike! No one fully prepared us for that scary experience...the "temple prep" classes are all pablum and in no way prepared us for what we would be experiencing. The veil, the apron, the prayer circle, uuuuuuugh, makes me shudder!!

Date: November 15, 2010 12:27PM

freegirl10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OMG, tell them about the temple ceremony! That
> should scare the crap out of
> anyone...investigators and new members alike! No
> one fully prepared us for that scary
> experience...the "temple prep" classes are all
> pablum and in no way prepared us for what we would
> be experiencing. The veil, the apron, the prayer
> circle, uuuuuuugh, makes me shudder!!

As a nevermo, I don't know about it well enough to tell anything about it.

Posted by: freegirl10 ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 12:52PM

Wow, Michael, I was certain that you had once been Mormon! Had me fooled. Thanks for your post!

Date: November 15, 2010 01:15PM

freegirl10 Wrote:
> Wow, Michael, I was certain that you had once been
> Mormon! Had me fooled. Thanks for your post!

I've been here long enough to learn a thing or 2 or 3.

Oh, and I'm Jewish.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 01:18PM

michael Wrote:
> Oh, and I'm Jewish.

LOL. I knew that. :)

Date: November 15, 2010 02:17PM

Nightingale Wrote:
> michael Wrote:
> > Oh, and I'm Jewish.
>
> LOL. I knew that. :)

I don't think freegirl10 did, though.

Nightengale, to put it mildly, YOU ARE A HOOT!! And that's a good thing.

Date: November 15, 2010 02:54PM

Ha, Michael. Thanks!

Being Canadian, I know what a hoot is! My best friends are country buffs and they have been hootenannying since before I knew them. They bring that sense of fun into all the rest of their lives and it spills over to their fortunate friends.

Too, when something tickles her funny bone, my friend Joy (never was a person more aptly named) says "What a HOOT" and we all fall over laughing.

Thanks for making me think of Joy and the joy she brings to my life, which never fails to raise a smile and a chuckle. Especially on such a dull, dank, dreary, drippy day (weather-wise), a laugh is much appreciated.

Date: November 15, 2010 03:09PM

If you like hootenannies, you should check out the filk scene in Canada. Their get-togethers would definitely qualify as hootenannies, and since most of the filkers are also professional folkies,

Date: November 16, 2010 10:37AM

challenged them. Someone said I was spreading lies, to which I said, "Fine. Tell me what I'm saying that is a lie." No response.

Someone else said I was being ignorant. I explained to her that everything I wrote was based on what I'd experienced and seen and what my "friends and acquaintances" (including you people here without mentioning you) had experienced and seen. I ended it by saying, "Just because you don't like what I have to say does not mean it's not true: it just means you don't WANT it to be true."

The same person called me "ignorant and personally troubled." I told her that just it was OK for her to post her testimony, it was OK for me to post mine and that someone who said my testimony was "of the devil" was showing his lack of following the 11th Article of Faith "which allows me to believe as I wish and to say as I wish. If you don't like what I say, fine, but I still have the right to say it."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 10:38AM by michael.

Date: November 15, 2010 01:36PM

As far as I can tell, not much.

Date: November 15, 2010 01:41PM

Date: November 15, 2010 02:16PM

(bows humbly)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.