Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 07:37AM

I bet we do.

I think it drives them nuts when they realize they have lost all control when we don’t recognize their authority and we won’t play by their rules.

After all, we took our money, our time, our talents and went home and left them holding the ball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:19AM

They need to give the ball back!

;o)

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:29AM

I think the only thing that will "annoy" them is any reduction or interruption of their revenue stream. As we've seen countless times, LDS Corp doesn't give a damn about people, and what damage they do to them. But if the revenue stream is threatened, they take notice.

For examples, the decision to announce an end to 'official'polygamy in 1890 and the decision to 'allow' blacks to hold the so-called priesthood in 1978 (and thus prevent any potential loss to their tax-exempt status) were both revenue-driven decisions.

It's all about money to them...

Posted by: andyb ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 01:16AM

They've never gotten a f***ing cent from me...never have, never will...

Posted by: medgirl007 ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:39AM

Im not so sure we annoy them. As my TBM sister told me, she "feels sorry" for those that have left the morg because we're not spending eternity with our families ect....I did annoy her though by saying that there was noway in hell I wanted to spend eternity WITH her....so there.

Childish? Yup! Funny to watch her face when I said that? Yup! haha

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 05:39AM

Mormons couch their annoyance by calling it pity. They like to say they "feel sorry" for apostates as a way of denying heir anger. Pity is the standard mormon passive/aggressive punch into an enemy's gut.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 09:21AM

I don't think I could be that annoying if I tried...

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 12:00PM

In my case I don't think THE CHURCH cares one bit about what I do. I'm only one of 7,000,000 who have left the one true church.

Now the locals, that's a different story. I'm sure my Mother-in-law is quite perturbed and annoyed with everything I do. So I guess it's a toss up because I'm pretty much annoyed with everything she does too.

Stunted.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 12:42PM

TBMs get annoyed when those who have left are happy and prosperous, instead of miserable and broke. How can those who are living in sin be happy, you have to pay the profit 10% to be happy.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 01:27PM

It bugs Mormon Inc. only when they lose our money or are afraid we will tell others what we know and cause them to quit giving money to the corporation.

The locals can't stand that we don't validate them and cause problems by not cooperating with their agenda. And if you really, really want to annoy a Mormon, summon up all your class and dignity and everything you know about how miserable being a Mormon is and treat a Mormon with the sympathy they deserve. Mormons hate it when you feel sorry for them or when you call them on their BS. They want to think they are above the law and above common good manners and everyone envies them. Indicate anything else and you will seriously annoy them.

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 02:11PM

I think the leadership of the church only cares as regards a loss in membership and tithing, as many have said. A real genuine regard for the welfare of the people who have left, well, maybe at a local level there are people who care, your bishop (maybe), your friends.

The LDS church lost all interest in me, in my problems, my struggles, when I got home from my mission. I think they view things as "mission accomplished" when a missionary completes a mission. At that point the system has churned out another revenue stream for life, or so they hope. Adults get very little attention as compared to the youth in the church. In my case it was zero.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 03:29AM

Keeping that concept in mind, they don't annoy me one bit!

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 05:51AM

Sometimes I'm as annoying as they are:

Whenever the missionaries come to my door, or the scouts asking for money--I ask THEM for money for my favorite charity.

Once when the deacons came to collect fast offerings, I told them that I would not give money to a CULT. I had those children alone, separate from their parents, and told them that their beliefs were wrong--just like the Mormons did to my children and their neverMo friends.

Turnabout is fair play. I was not as annoying as the Mormons, because I was on my own property--I did not trespass onto their property or interrupt their dinner to harass them.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 04:46PM

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:09AM

Some like to have a few of us around so they can feel better in comparison. Others fear us for things we might say to them that will be truthful or disrupt their testimonies. Others are heartbroken for us as they realize they will not be with us for eternity. Some feel betrayed by us as we have disrupted the family unit and they fear our influence we might have in pulling our children nieces and nephews away from church teachings.

Posted by: ed wood ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 05:59PM

I don't know about the church but I sure do annoy my tbm family just by being myself and having left the cult.

I have become like a pestilence that must be quarantined and avoided as much as possible except at Christmas and a few other occasions when I can't be avoided when I become more tolerable, but barely.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:36PM

Ohhhhh, that made my day................

It's soooo true, they hate when someone openly rejects their 'truth'.

so fragile.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.