Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chilango ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 06:21PM

My personal policy is being consistent with what I believe.

I guess that is not true for many other people.

My grandma was an example of it. I went to live to my grandma's house. She sticked to the church rules with an outstanding devotion. She said to have seen spirits going out of dead people, and stuff like that. She seemingly couldn't think anything else than church-related stuff.

Still, she made my life impossible. I was enclosed in her house the whole day. I was supposed to obey every single stupidity she wanted without complaining, I was supposed to endure hour-long discussions because a insignificant "mistake". I was called "prideful" because I had doubts about the church. She told me "be humble and accept the teachings of the living prophets".

She took care of making my life miserable the whole time I was in her house.
I took care on being happy at least internally, though.

Is that Christlike love? Well, yeah, I guess. Jesus was crazy after all. The same with God.

I think there are many people like that. "Filled with the love of God".

...Hypocrites...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 06:25PM

Exactly. If the church was true, then why did it make me so f***ing miserable!?

Because other people who believed it with a greater devotion than I, went out of their way to make my life miserable, that's why.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 02:01AM

They are blind to their own behavior. They honestly think their bad-behavior is praiseworthy. This is one of the most toxic elements of Mormonism IMO. That people are taught evil is good and good is evil.

Obedience to the wrong people is evil but obedience in Mormon eyes is a good thing and THEY couldn't possibly be the wrong people.

Seeking after God's sheep is such a good thing that they never learn when they are crossing the line and their behavior becomes bad.

Blaming the victim is bad but it's standard behavior for a self-righteous Mormon.

There are hundreds of examples of stuff like this - where Mormons do outrageous things that they'd never tolerate being done to them - but they pat themselves on the back for their righteousness when they do it to others.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 07:31AM

I think its also thair need because they have a pack leader to have someone below them because they have nobody to take thair frustration out on otherwise. You get orderd to stick your hand in a fire you feel angry when it gets burned but you cant take it out on the guy that gave you the orders so you tell someone else to stick thair hand in a fire.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 12:03PM

Chilango Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
She told me "be humble and accept the
> teachings of the living prophets".

So, I guess she would have believed in 7 foot quakers on the moon if she lived during briggy's time?

She sounds like she did more to make you leave the crutch than to stay in it. Glad you saw the light.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 12:27PM

Blame grandma

Mormons need to be very careful about the example they set

they might make LDS Leaders look like the horrendously phony and corrupt idiots that they really are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkPJEWpOVBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H008VpUIowU

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.