Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 06:24PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKsKbUjqweE&feature=related

I've long suspected that Jon Huntsman was a Jack Mormon, like most people in Utah. This video seems to confirm it.

I'd bet that he hasn't been to church in years, and his only interest in Mormonism is not offending voters in Utah.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 06:31PM

Did you see his daughter's wedding dress? She wasn't raised mormon. He is mormon in name only.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 06:43PM

Not only was the wedding dress not Molly material, she got married in the National Cathedral-an Episcopal church

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 06:36PM

That is why I like Jon Huntsman a LOT. He's not a jackass ultra uber Utard TBM (mindset wise that is). I'd really consider voting for him for president.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 06:49PM

I think he makes some excellent points about the variety of Mormons. It's my experience in many ways also.

Posted by: Raised by JackMormons ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 08:06PM

I love Jon Jr. And would vote for him in a second. Formally leaving the religion would be monumental, considering his family ties, etc., but yes, a Jack Mormon he is.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 08:49PM

Huntsman shouldn't give a Crap about offending Utah Voters. -Some #'s;
Utah population= 2.8 mil.
States that mormons got kicked out of: NY= 19 mil., OH= 11mil., IL= 13 mil., MO 6 mil.
Total=49.
I don't think he cares about Utah as a concern.

Posted by: silverlightx ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 09:09PM

I assume he'd want Utah, Idaho, and Arizona to end up in his column on Election Day. As such, he can't really afford to piss off a major component of the Republican base in those states. Arizona especially is prone to being a swing state.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 10:01PM

You can't piss off Mormons enough to make them switch parties. Some of them might stay home on election day, but not enough to swing the state's electoral votes to the Democrats.

Posted by: linda ( )
Date: January 16, 2012 09:18PM

Morman don't believe there is a devil.

Posted by: Tedious ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 02:38AM

THe good folks of Utah, Idaho and Arizona would sooner elect the devil himself than vote for a dem.

Posted by: Steve ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 01:39AM

Mormons never got kicked out of NY, they just weren't having much success and left for Ohio because Rigdon's congregation doubled the membership.

They never got kicked out of Ohio either, Joseph Smith fled the state to avoid prosectuion for bank fraud, he was convicted in abstentia. The mormons who remained behind excommunicated him.

Many mormons were kicked out of Missouri for starting a civil war and committing treason. After losing the war the terms of surrender included that the treasonous momrons had to leave the state. The non-treasonous ones did not leave.

Same thing in Nauvoo, the Brighamites were forced to leave after rounds of criminal activity( although some didn't leave they just moved to nearby towns or already lived in nearby towns), but the non Brighamite mormons were not forced to leave. At the death of Smith less than half of mormons followed Young, after three years of converts moving to the US all of whom became Brighamites because the 12 controlled the mission field, Brigham felt he had enough power and in 1847 he declared himself president.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 09:13PM

He's as smarmy and full of B.S. as any Mormon I've ever seen. I actually like Romney better.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword not logged in ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 09:23PM

He loosened the liquor laws and supported civil unions. He was quite liberal for a Utah governor.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 09:40PM

Gotta make sure there's a Mormon in line for the throne, any flavor ok.

Ana

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 03:34PM

and thought he was not only sane, but stood for something.

Not a common quality in Utah, needless to say.

He might be his own man-- I would lean his way except he gave his private jet for the use of the GA's which I consider major asslicking.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 08:17AM

and most capable people she's ever met. She loves the guy and would vote for him in a hearbeat and so would I. How cool is it that he has the political skills to basically say he's not interested in Mormonism but he's not going to call them all a bunch of wacko nutcases either? That shows good judgement to me. Go Huntsman!

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 11:31AM

If Jon Jr spoke openly against Mormonism, his Daddy would likely not contribute money to him. I honestly don't think Jon is very courageous at all. if he really doesn't believe in Mormonism, and were truly courageous, like many of us here, he'd come out and say so not hide behind his fear of not being financially supported or liked by his family.

Posted by: nevermomomofmos ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 10:48AM

My experience with him was when he was Governor.

My son along with over 200 other National Guard troops were deployed to Afghanistan and he stood at the plane and shook the hand of every one of them as they boarded.

I was a hard day and he didn't speak or make a big deal out of his support for those men. (yes, all men for that one) Mary Kaye was there too and spoke to a few family members and was visibly moved.

I don't know if he did that for all deployed troops. But I was very impressed that day. And I think he was a good governor.

He's too moderate for Utah voters. But I don't think it matters. He could be very good for the Republican party if they would just quit trying to appease the whacky right wing that has hijacked it. Maybe his time will be in 2016. IMO of course. I hope that isn't too political.

Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 05:02PM

I am shocked, I heard rumors that he was a "Jacked" or "New Age Mormon" but this is proof that he is probably a doubter or not very devout. I still dont know why he would donate his private jet to Gordon B. Hinckley though. I had always thought that he was straight edge, but the way he answered those questions is evidence that he doesn't want to be seen as a hard core Mormon.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 05:32PM

His father donated the private jets. John Huntsman Senior has had the Second Anointing, and his father-in-law was David Haight, of The Twelve.

Jon Jr. was raised a Mormon. I doubt that he has gone through any extensive therapy or de-programming to undo the brainwashing of his troubled youth. My son knew him, and I knew the father. I know some family secrets, and I would not vote for any Huntsman.

I think Huntsman will lose, not because he's a BIC, but because of environmental issues. Huntsman Chemical? Pollution? Cheap Chinese labor? The junk they manufacture will survive even after the very rocks have turned to dust.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 11:34AM

Yeah, my gut feeling was unless the guy came out and announced he's no longer interested in or a believer, then I'd have some respect for the guy.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: January 17, 2012 12:44PM

My gut feeling is I'd have some respect for the guy if he publicly came out and announced he's no longer interested in or a believer, instead of his current JackMo behavior.

Posted by: Top ( )
Date: January 18, 2012 12:50AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.