Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 12:00PM

This seems similiar to a story this very same paper ran back in April:

http://www.modbee.com/2011/10/22/1915868/trend-to-delay-marriage-worries.html

But THIS really pissed me off:

"Marriage is more important than education or career, said Thomas Holman, professor of family life at Brigham Young University. "When you scrimp and sacrifice together when you're young, that brings you closer."

Go fuck yourself! How the hell can you afford to raise a family if you don't have the adequate education in order to get a career in the first place???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 12:07PM

Problems do NOT bring a couple closer, and money problems tear people apart faster than you can say Mormon Hoax.

The morg wants more tithe payers and the only way they can get more members is to breed them.

Self-serving cult.
What they are doing to members is downright criminal.

Posted by: Strykary ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 12:13PM

What does the cult want? Dentists and Lawyers? Or grocery baggers?

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 07:30PM

Strykary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What does the cult want? Dentists and Lawyers?

EVERYTHING! LDS INC WANTS IT ALL!

THEY WANT young ppl to not date at all until the young man comes home from a mission, then they allow him ONE date so he can propose. The couple is married within a week, then a new baby every 9 months. and none of this idiocy is supposed to slow down the academic progress of either as they go to BYU
and gets PhDs in years time and pay for all this B.S.
by.... (wait for it) using the blessings of paying a full tithe. funny thing when LDS Inc and BYU want their membership dues/ tuition ONLY Legal currency will do,they want THEIR money and they want it NOW! when members need something they can just make do with FAITH! LDs INC execs want members to clean the local meeting house too, and to double tithing.

There is conference video of Hinckley bitching that LDS young men are not getting enough education ..... as they do everything else that the GD MORmON church asks of them.

"I have come to know that no sacrifice is too great for a faithful latter day saint"

Gordon B.S. Hinckley

which one of your parent's spare homes did you move into when you got married, just curious, because thats what Gordon did!
the MORmON elite are totally out of touch with what the real world members do to keep the LDS INC world turning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJQqLKIR2Xk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzMMCA3mmGk

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 04:06PM

You are right imalive and leah. They only want bodies so they can clean out their bank accts. Guess these idiots don't know anything about what marriage counselors say. MONEY- the biggest problem in all marriages. If they have none, they will be helped by us tax payers but yet, pay their tithing. Oh great!!!

And education....that must take a back seat to popping out babies. What idiots. I know a Mormon family that is nearly totally gov't cared for....well, the male sweeps the floor at a movie theatre so he gets a little there. They have 5 kids....had to move in with his mom for 2 yrs.- who is also poor- with the 4 kids at the time. No education beyond his own homeschooling. No direction in life. Very sad and it is all so often the case. He is a RM too.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 12:26PM

Economy of scale.

They are looking at the fact that new members from births exceed conversions for the first time in the history of the church.

The bloom is off the rose and the truth is no longer Out There, it is sitting in every computer waiting for a Google search on Exmormon.

They are wetting their pants.

Hahahahaha

Anagrammy

PS. I can hear it now, "Get out there and make some converts you worthless piles of shit!"

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 12:34PM

first time I've seen this AG.

has it been stated here before?

Date: October 23, 2011 03:31PM

The part that member increases are mostly from births is not new--I've read it here before from our statistical number-crunchers.

The increase in suicides in MidWest and West is new-- I heard it on the news day before yesterday.

Anagrammy

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 04:22PM

Much easier to breed than convert. Look at the Muslims.

Date: October 23, 2011 06:01PM

Yes, but the Muslim birthrate is increasing, while the Mormon birthrate is decreasing.

They put tremendous pressure on young marrieds, giving them multiple callings and pressure them to produce babies all while they are working and going to college.

Unsurprisingly, young people are beginning to balk.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Symboline ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 02:03PM

That's the worst advice on marriage and the stupidest thing I've heard today!

Posted by: familyfirst ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 02:19PM

you're right. It's about obtaining membership and it's about keeping the already members in line by getting them in bondage. Marriage to anyone for marriage sake plus having kids and having a hard time supporting yourself and family keeps you in bondage to the church...it's inertia

primary baptism ym or yw mission marriage babies over and over again

it's the LDS vicious cycle and getting an education, traveling a bit, seeing the world and learning life outside the bible breaks that cycle and TSCC can't afford to let these young people chance it.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 03:12PM

"Men are having a little too much fun being single, taking extravagant vacations, buying expensive cars and toys, and just generally enjoying the carefree life with your friends," Monson said in a speech in April.

Next, ChurchCo will be telling members:

-Which shoe to put on first

-which colors to choose for house, car, clothes

Simon Says, and we know who Simon is.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 03:24PM

guynoirprivateeye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Men are having a little too much fun being single, taking extravagant vacations, buying expensive cars and toys, and just generally enjoying the carefree life with your friends," Monson said in a speech in April.

Almost all of my friends enjoyed the single life before marriage. They got jobs and apartments, got their careers off the ground, enjoyed travel, sports, nice meals out, parties, sometimes nice cars, etc. And you know what? Virtually everyone eventually got married and had families. Those families have tended to be small (generally 2-3 kids) because that's all that my friends have felt able to handle, both economically and logistically.

So what is Monson really afraid of here? That young Mormons will enjoy themselves? That they might be in better economic shape going into their child-rearing years? That they might have smaller families?

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 04:24PM

Only in the context of Mormonism is 2-3 kids considered a "small" family. The average, I believe, is less than 2.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 04:39PM

Five or above is a big family! I'm trying to think if I know of any current young non-Mo families with five or more kids. I don't!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2011 04:40PM by summer.

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 08:01PM

and yes, the rest of DW's family consider them freaks.

family progeny for DW's generation

3 (one foster)

so the youngest one went the SAMH home schooling route. And the rest of her family thinks they're freaks.

uhhm, because they are. seriously into male dominion shit. I don't even bother talking to them.

Date: October 23, 2011 06:29PM

> Simon Says, and we know who Simon is.

yes, Simon Peter, the person that catholics claim was the first pope. that game came from mocking/ making fun of the catholic empire.Joe Smith started MORmONISM by taking shots at traditional Xtianity, now MORmONISM is the Utah version of everything that SMith initially attempted to condemn,(and then often indulged in) including the Masonic lodge, that also was against catholicism.

Posted by: Cleareyes ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 03:33PM

Getting married early doesn't cause problems....my best friend growing up got married right after getting back from his mission, had his first child a year later, had to move into his parents one room basement (with living room) with his wife and daughter, had another child about 1.5 years after that, all while trying to go to school and work as a pest control salesman. End result, 26, wife, 2 kids, and no education still living in his parents basement. If that is not success as a result of getting maried and having kids early I don't know what is.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 03:54PM

TSCC has been preaching this since the 1970's.

I don't think that statistic is new. BIC babies have always been the cult's primary source of new victims.

MORE MORMON ACCUSATIONS!
"Men are having a little too much fun being single, taking extravagant vacations, buying expensive cars and toys, and just generally enjoying the carefree life with your friends," Monson said in a speech in April.

What Monson is describing is a rich-kid stereotype that does not exist. I've known very few kids that could live like that, but they were intelligent enough not to. Most of my children's single friends were not playboys and bunnies. They were upper middle-class, and worked very hard in college to get advanced degrees. Many worked their way through school with night jobs and weekend jobs. My kids did. After that, they had their careers to build. Some of the kids with money, put it into their own businesses. These young adults didn't have time or money to "take extravagant vacations" or "buy expensive cars and toys." What the hell is Monson talking about? What an insult to my children and their generation!! (This is the generation that is leaving the cult most rapidly.) And, yes, they did get married later. Yes, they are having 2 children, on average.

Maybe my children's generation of young married adults is the "Truth-seeking generation" that will wise up and expose the Mormon cult for the fraud it is! I hope Monson continues to insult and accuse its own members. My BYU psychology prof used to say that the church would implode from within.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2011 03:59PM by forestpal.

Date: October 24, 2011 03:14AM

something Monson and young LDS need to hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqRZgKuHLTE

Posted by: emma ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 05:18PM

Getting married and having kids before you have an education does not bring you closer. I know this for a fact. My husband last year decided to finish up his bachelors so he could get a better job. What happens is that he goes to work full time and then comes gome and does homework all night. We hardly get time together and our 2 year old misses daddy. He misses her too. You should always get your education first!

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 03:00AM

Let's be honest, the rule of no sex before marriage also pushes a lot more people to marry young and relatively early in a relationship. You reach a stage where intimacy is the next logical step but you can't attain this without marriage. It must be massively difficult for older YSAs to continue to live a life of celibacy.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 03:20AM

"Men are having just a little too much fun. . ."

Don't look now, buddy, but so are the ladies!!! (At least, the ones who have enough sense to get an education and have the ability to support themselves.)

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 08:31AM

I understand they want more butts, even diapered ones, filling their seats and growing up to fill their coffers, but they are getting so personal with people's lives.

Then again, I guess I've been so out of the church for so long that I don't understand why they want to micromanage people so intimately, and why people let them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.