Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: piper ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 03:22PM

I have been super busy with teaching and still going to school full time, and have not had time to check up with my friends at RfM much. But please know I think of you all often, and when I get a free second I will check in. :)

Apparently, I am super woman. :) I have hit my stride with teaching and really enjoy it. My principals seem to love me, and I am getting many compliments from all over on how well my band and choir are doing. Mr. Piper gets the kids ready for school in the morning, combs my daughter's hair, packs lunches before heading off to work himself.

I have a couple mo-mos in my classes, and like them anyway. haha I have had to endure a few comments about Seminary and stop a few religious conversations so far, as well as deflect questions about my beliefs. My students are fantastic for the most part, and I feel like a mother to over 500 kids now, instead of just my own.

It has been quite an adjustment for all of us for me to transition to being a working mother instead of staying at home, but the guilt has subsided a bit and the kids love coming into Mommy's classroom.

I hope you are all well, and I hope that after I finish my killer coursework this semester I can stop in more often. Then you will get the real low down on the bad and the ugly, as well as the good. :)

Love you all,
Piper

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 03:25PM

I'm so happy that things are going well for you. Check back in when you can.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 04:06PM

Excellent news!:-) You are adjusting and making your choices work for you. That's great!!!
Good to have a husband that can pick up the slack.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 04:21PM

Great to hear from you, Piper, we knew you could do it!

And so glad some children have someone loving to enhance their learning experience.

Thanks for the good news,

Anagrammy

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 04:30PM

Good to hear from you, fellow music-lover!

I remember all my music, chorus, and piano teachers through the years, and they were a great influence. You are spreading joy, enhancing the self-esteem of 500 students--plus keeping your husband and children happy. Not to shabby! (I can't believe there are jerks who would try to make you feel guilty about what you're doing,) Stay proud of yourself!

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 05:00PM

Keep up the good fight, and hello to both you and Mr. Piper :-).

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 05:49PM

Glad things are going well.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 06:03PM

Good to hear! I wish I could be on here as much as I used to also. Time is just not on my side these days.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: October 23, 2011 10:26PM

Thanks everyone! Hope to be back in the swing of RfM soon. :)

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 12:07AM

I don't think I would have made it without him and band. What a wonderful gift you are giving to your students!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2011 12:08AM by robertb.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.