Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 05:20PM

I was so hoping that my 3 High School friends would get a one-two punch dose of the Holy Ghost since it was a 2-for-1 event featuring a "Welcome Talk" pre-show by Elder Paul H. Dunn (because you know how good he "connected" with the youth during his heydays) followed by a Saturday's Warrior performance that featured the really good touring cast (you know the one with the really hot chicks that played the "good girls" and the one with the really hot chicks that played the "bad girls" as well!!!) that they would be begging me to be Baptized on the way out of the theater.

FAIL!!!

We were always told what a good "missionary tool" for our teen friends that Saturday's Warrior would be but for the most part my friends were entirely lost in it, what with all the "mormonisms" and the inside the Utah beltway inuendo that it portrayed we'd have been better off going to Star Wars instead...other than for seeing the "hot Mormon babes"!

In addition with the Paul H. Dunn pre-show where i myself was feeling the spirit so strong and was so certain my friends felt it as well (not!) i was absolutely sure i had 3 Baptisms on my hands!

Well we know the rest of the story now with Paul H. Dunn and his little prevarication problem...i guess the Holy Ghost is a tough guy to read sometimes...especially when he confirms that the lies a well-loved Mormon authority figure is telling you over the theater pulpit actually happened and are absolutely true!!!

My 3 High School friends got the one-two punch alright...more like the one-two "sucker punch" along with their inoculation dose of Moronism all in one night!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 05:26PM

I too felt the spirit when PHD (pun intended) when he visited my stake during a missionary event. He came w/ Sister Osmond and young Jimmy for a trifecta of spirituality, in which I felt the holy ghostus reveal to me that PHD had indeed done many miraculous things. Plus PHD made everyone laugh really hard. The stake center was packed, with many nonmembers present. I brought my young friend and his parents.

Um yeah, the HG told me that a liar was true. Go figure?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.