Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:49PM

She's a college freshman this year, working full time during the day and taking classes at night. Her schedule is very full to say the least. Last night she confessed that she dropped the institute class because she just doesn't have enough time.

She seemed a bit nervous to tell me. I think she was afraid I might launch into an over the top anti-Mormon, apostate rant about the evils of institute brain washing. I have to admit I was tempted.....

Instead I told her, again, how proud I am of her for working so hard to get an education. Then I said, "Hey, you can always take another institute class later when you have more time." I didn't want to turn this into a contest because she is just as stubborn as I am. I don't think she liked the institute class anyway. The teacher and the other students seemed a bit odd and weird to her. Yep, welcome to reality.

Stunted

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:54PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:54PM

when it's their idea, their decision, doesn't it?! I think you handled it well.
She's learning to be an adult, manage her schedule and keep balance in her life.
Good for her!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:56PM

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 03:14PM

priorities straight! Right now, her primary goal is to get thru college. Institute should certainly be at the very *bottom* of the list .... even way below taking out the trash or planning your own funeral. *laffs*

Besides, Institute is just another dose of what she's probably already listened to in Seminary, Sunday school, etc., ad nauseum.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.