Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 02:34AM

but the church refuses to acknowledge or comply. I am sealed to an army of people I never asked to be sealed to. i don't think i should have to sealed to them if i don't want to. This list would include people who have assaulted, molested, robbed, betrayed, shunned,and starved me in the past. I want out. I was sealed to them without my consent.
Has anyone else ever thought about this???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 05:23AM

I am fortunate in that all my TBM family are decent, loving, caring people who I would happily be sealed to (if such a thing existed).

But I agree with your point, there should be a choice! Sealing somebody against their will is bondage (in the biblical sense).

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 05:28AM

Mormonism teaches that agency will still exist in the hereafter. Which means that even though you are 'sealed' to them, you still get to choose to not spend time with them.

You can for instance, choose not to invite them over to your planet for Christmas.

Date: October 25, 2011 05:58AM

Are you sure about that doctrine? Because it's not really a sealing at all if one party can veto it.

Besides, if we can't "divorce" ourselves from those we are sealed to on Earth, using agency, why should we suppose it will be any different in the afterlife?

Date: October 25, 2011 06:02AM

I'm absolutely positive.

When people are posthoumously baptised are they forced to become Mormons? No, they get the choice to accept or not - which means agency, the ability to choose, exists in the next life (Mormon version).

You can cancel the effects of a sealing in this life - look at Marie Osmond.

Date: October 25, 2011 06:40AM

There are quite a few people here who haven't been able to cancel their sealing, despite many attempts. They are usually women, and not celebrities.

Date: October 25, 2011 06:42AM

Yes, I accept that.

All I am saying is that in the Mormon version of the hereafter people still get choices about stuff like this.

Date: October 25, 2011 06:44AM

But if they can't get it cancelled in this life, why should they believe it will simply be a matter of agency in the next?

Date: October 25, 2011 06:46AM

They shouldn't.
They should threaten legal action which would be made public - rarely does that result in anything other than immediate action.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:35AM

I'm not Marie Osmond, nor am I related to Thomas Monson--so I never did get a cancelation of sealing. My ex was able to marry in the temple, the second our divorce was over, because he was the relative of a GA. It didn't make any difference that he beat me and almost killed me.

Sorry for the rant, but here's what you can do about your situation:

Write a letter of resignation to the church membership committee, or Greg Dodge, at the COB. In your letter, list those people you no longer want to be sealed to, and YOU TELL THE CHURCH that you are no longer sealed to those people. Quote the CHI, where it says, "All temple blessings will be revoked." YOU TELL THEM specifically which blessings, and which people. It is your life, and you are in charge. The Mormon church has no authority from God. It is a hoax. They have no authority over you. The temple is bogus, borrowed from the Masons, used to marry plural wives to the bloated, perverts at the head of the cult.

In my letter, I made sure that my children by my second husband were in no way sealed to my abusive first husband (the leaders said they were). I was redundant in stating that my children "never did and never will have anything to do with the Mormon temple, its ordinances, or its rituals.

Some people object to having to write a letter of resignation, as it really is not necessary, but I wrote my letter for me and my children, to set our boundaries, and make things perfectly clear.

--We are not sealed to my wife-beater ex husband.
--We are not sealed to my brother who beat and tortured us physically and mentally.
--we are not sealed to my relative who stole my parents money and our inheritance.
--We are not sealed to my cruel and envious sister-in-law, who always spread lies about me and my children to my parents.
--We are not sealed to our polygamous ancestors.

It feels so good to know this is all made up!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 10:45AM

First, they won't do it, because the courts don't force them to. Since LDS Inc can ignore you, they will ignore you.

Second, there is no invisible pink unicorn in your garage. That's why the courts won't get involved. They don't recognize the existence of invisible pink unicorns, and for good reason. They don't exist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 10:46AM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 04:54PM

i agree with brother of jerry and Forestpal. i wanted to see what others thought about it.

IMO the whole sealing thing is ridiculous! It is just one more doctrine that conflicts with another (free agency)

Mo's have been so indoctrinated to think the whole sealing thing is some kind of wonderful thing. Every time it was brought up it sounded more like a manipulative threat to me.

Also the church has to be true in order for the whole sealing thing to have any meaning.

It's not true. just a small detail

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.