Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: T-Rex ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 01:41PM

A coincidence that Utah is last when the stated church policy is for young woman to marry, have children, and not work full time?

http://www.higheredutah.org/study-shows-utah-women-less-likely-to-graduate-college/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebecca M ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 01:45PM

"The study also found:

- Many LDS women cannot envision a life of integration, meaning they can’t see themselves being concurrently married, having children and continuing college.

- Some believe that women need to “give up” or “sacrifice” college for their husbands or families. Several participants said it was their “duty” to drop out of school.

- For many of the LDS participants, going to college was placed in the same category as going to work. If they believe they should not work, they also believe they should not attend college."

Now that is very telling! It's SICK.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 03:30PM

This is exactly how I got into YBU as a transferee for my last two years of college. This was possible because all those dumbass women dropped out to get married. I am so glad I graduated and had a career before I got married.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 03:31PM

You got that right. I thank God everyday I wasn't born in Utard nor into a Mormon family.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 03:53PM

Even for men it seems that most LDS folks think the only benefit to a college education is to make oneself more employable.

I found that even YBU education offers you a broadening of perspective that goes beyond that.

Looks like the ladies just can't resist following the prophet. I don't know why they are so eager to be miserable. Tommy you may be able to resurrect polygamy.

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 04:03PM

"Looks like the ladies just can't resist following the prophet. I don't know why they are so eager to be miserable."

My thoughts exactly...Women get the short end of the stick in mormonism...both here on earth AND in their afterlife...

Why????? Why???? Why??????

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 04:02PM

Christ...this is annoying..(not your post, but that subject)...

A local news station was "pondering" this question and even USU in Logan or WSU in Weber were going to commision studies about this.

They don't want to talk about the elephant in the room...

The REASON is so fvcking simple...everyone knows it, but they won't actually SAY it..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.