Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 10:40AM

I have a blog (I can't link to it....admins rules) and its just a typical SAHM blog with family pics, recipes, crafts I've done, random thoughts, just basic stuff. I've also started to be a bit braver on there posting my exit story and some things I find silly or annoying about Mormonism. I wouldn't call it an anti Mormon blog, but once you visit and look around its not hard to tell how I feel about the religion.

Anywhoooo----- I found out yesterday that a woman in the ward is an avid reader of it. WOW. I found out too that she is offended by some of the posts, but keeps coming back. INTERESTING.

Now that I have this bit of information, I'm thinking of doing a bit more of my "open minded posts." I just need to think of some issues to write about. =)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 10:50AM

Ditto. My blog is far from anti-Mormon, that is unless you count open-minded and based on evidence as examples of being anti-Mormon,
I've found a couple people from the ward lurking on my blog too. I’ve also found a few closeted ward members send me personal emails about how much they enjoy my blog, but just can’t post any comments for fear of being outed.
I find it really fun to see how family members respond to me after I’ve posted something controversial. Even if I never say anything to them in person about the topic I frequently find them bearing their testimony to me about exactly what I blogged about.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 02:32PM

My family has admitted that they no longer read it...it's too upsetting. Oh well. At least one person finds it interesting enough to keep reading it.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 04:46PM

...but also with others who may not wish to admit they are reading your blog.

So be encouraged, heather! Remember that seeds need time to germinate before they sprout. ;-)

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 06:48PM

Date: October 27, 2011 10:54AM

Admins,

I understand the request to keep external blog links off of the forums. However I've sent 3 requests in the last year to have my blog added to the list and it's still not there.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,47

Posted by: sue ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 02:40PM

Peregrine -- could you explain the rule about "external blog links" not being allowed. And what is the list you are talking about? I am not here much, so I continue to be confused about the rules.

Sue

Posted by: sue ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 02:44PM

Never mind. I just spotted the sticky about blogs and read the policy.

Date: October 27, 2011 02:45PM

I've been on other forums where every post seems like a plea to go read soembody's blog. If not reigned in it can get out of control.

here's the link to the external blogs list.

http://www.exmormon.org/exmoblogs.html

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 02:59PM

Keep up the good work!

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 03:03PM

Date: October 27, 2011 04:46PM

it's not there yet. I've asked for it to be added but they haven't posted it.
I'm breaking the rules but here it is.
http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 04:59PM

Peregrine, I don't remember how but I've seen your blog before and really enjoy it! The King Swing post you made was quite courageous and very well written.

Date: October 27, 2011 05:10PM

Thanks. Poke around a little bit. You might like some of my other posts too.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 03:46PM

I have a Mormon mommy blog too - without the Mormon :) I have a pic of the a temple and a blinkie that says Families are Forever that I've linked to MormonThink! Haha! I've gotten a few emails from TBMs about it. I still never ceases to amaze me how much life-long believing members don't know about their religion.

If I ever talk about the church it's only in a roundabout way. I want them to actually read and think about what I'm saying instead of doing the automatic brain shut down when coming across "anti" stuff.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 03:52PM

Because I am VERY open about my feelings toward Mormonism. My sister read a lot of it, but said that she too was put off by some of the things I wrote about so she doesn't read it anymore.

I just decided that I was going to write what I wanted to write, and to hell with everyone else. If they don't like what I have to say, they aren't required to read it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.