Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonexmo ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 02:48PM

The White Mountain Independent in Arizona has found its highest viewed article an editorial by a prominent doctor who got an anti-Mormon DVD on his doorstep.

read it here:

http://www.wmicentral.com/opinion/letters_to_editor/oh-those-mormons/article_c3582af8-f5f2-11e0-96bf-001cc4c03286.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 03:42PM

Grace:
Unlike the Christian churches, the LDS church teaches that Gods grace consists of His love, mercy and condesension toward his children. All things that exist are manifestations of the grace of God. Grace is granted to men proportionately as they conform to the standards of personal righteousness that are part of the gospel plan. Thus saints are commanded to 'grow in grace' DC 50:40 until they are justified and sanctified through the grace of our lord Jesus Christ.

Salvation by Grace:
One of the untrue doctrines found in modern Christendom is the concept that man can gain salvation(meaning in the Kingdom of God) by grace alone and without obedience. This soul destroying doctrine has the obvious effect of lessening the determination of the individual to conform to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel, such conformity being essential if the sought for reward is to be gained. Immortality is a free gift and comes without works or righteousness of any sort; all men will come forth in the resurrection because of the atoning sacrifice of Christ. Salvation in the Celestial Kingdom of God, however, is not salvation by grace alone. Rather, it is salvation by grace coupled with obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.

Immortality comes by grace alone, but those who gain it may find themselves damned in eternity. Eternal life, the kind of life enjoyed by eternal beings in the celestial kingdom, comes by grace plus obedience. And the very opportunity to follow the course of good works which will lead to that salvation sought by the saints comes also by the grace of God.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 04:30PM

Posted by: anonexmo ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 05:08PM

Obviously you have not been to the White Mountains in the last 20 years. There are two counties here controlled by Mormons. 5000 people? Hardly. Perhaps in just Snowflake. But there are many communities there that are all connected with each other. The white population in Navajo county is 50,000+. And without exception, you can get to any other non-reservation town from Snowflake in about 30 minutes. This does not include the white population of Apache county, an hour from Snowflake. Add another 15,000.

And of course, you think the Navajos and Apaches don't count I guess.

Do your homework before you post.

Date: October 27, 2011 05:19PM

Ok, relax.

You said, "5000 people? Hardly. Perhaps in just Snowflake."

and Stray Mutt said, "It can't be too huge of a stir since there are only a little over 5,000 people in Snowflake."

So who didn't do their homework again? Try reading posts before responding to them.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 05:29PM

Yes, I didn't say 5000 people in the White Mountain area or Navajo County.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 04:49PM

I used to live there!!! Well I lived in Eagar. Sho Lo was the closest grocery store, almost an hour away. It is beautiful.

Posted by: Shummie ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 05:40PM

* Place hasn't changed a lick since I was born there in 49.

cough

Date: October 27, 2011 05:46PM

Pristine and pastoral.

Posted by: Travis Walton ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 05:54PM

n/t

Date: October 27, 2011 05:59PM

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 05:54PM

they never really look at the REAL fruits of MORmONISM

Rabildy racist doctrine that surpassed that of the KKK
and formal institutional racism for 148 years.

Institutional Sex abuse, Rape and molestation done in the name of god, called the new and everlasting covenant aka LDS Polygamy

MMM,largest mass murder in US history, for over a century

2002 olympic bid bribery scandal and COVER uP

dead baptism of Adolf Hitler into MORmONISM

Rabid attack of minority rights via cal prop 8

MARK hOFFMAN MURDERS AND COVER UP

highest prescription rates of psycho active meds

JUST TO NAME A FEW

yAH, just LOOK AT THE fruitS OF MORmONISM!

Posted by: Once a Navajo resident ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 06:10PM

I wouldn't include Navajo, Apache, Hopi, Zuni and other tribes in that Northern AZ population that embraces Mormonism. Some of them were sent to "white and delightsome" families as children to escape their Lamanite history, and one of my friends will never forget or get over being ripped away from her grandparents being kidnapped by Mormons who promised that she'd have a better life.

Oh, and she did become lighter, being kept indoors and away from the cornfields and ranchland. I guess it worked.

When the Mishies walked past our workplace there was palpable anger.

I guess the next uproar will be in Payson.

Date: October 27, 2011 06:19PM

Eh, Payson's got a HUGE evengelical population. The roundup will print whatever the Rock tells it to...

Date: October 27, 2011 06:58PM

>>Remember that Mormonism started with the assertion that all other religions were corrupt. I imagine all those churches of the devil didn't take kindly to the claim and that they could have made impressive lists of their fruits as well. And I don't imagine the gentile world appreciates having missionaries at their doors trying to convince them their religion is inferior and that they need to change their cherished beliefs. Hasn't the LDS church been trying to hand out DVDs too? So it's a little myopic to get in a letter-to-the-editor-writing snit when someone else does what your own church does.
I suppose you imagine yourself to be a powerful defender of the faith, like Samuel the Lamanite, perhaps. Come down off the wall, Bro. Hastings. You come across as defensive and a bit arrogant, not convincing (except to those who already believe as you do). This is one of the things few Mormons understand about how they appear to non-Mormons. It's not that Lucifer has hardened the hearts of the world, it's that Mormons don't know how to talk about their religion or when it's appropriate to do so. You turn off your audience, the same way any of the other socially clueless, ham handed proselytizers do.<<

Date: October 27, 2011 07:47PM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>......... You turn off your audience,
> the same way any of the other socially clueless,
> ham handed proselytizers do.<<

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Good eye cuz.

Posted by: blacksheep ( )
Date: October 27, 2011 10:56PM

3 hours at church a week? Sure... if you only count Sunday.

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 12:35AM

I'm in Apache County, out in the middle of Nowhere.

And I'm NOT MORMON.

So, that 50,000+ population....well, since I'm married, SUBTRACT TWO.

~VOW

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 28, 2011 01:37AM

This is the royal mummy of Ramesses II, king of Egypt:

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3203962_f520.jpg

He had the power of life and death over millions of people and was worshipped as living god during his lifetime--3,300 years ago.

Anyone who believes in "eternal life" should take a good look at this picture.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.