Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 07:55PM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52806057-78/comments-commenting-tribune-com.html.csp

I'm betting that most of the removed comments will be those critical of TSCC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 08:01PM by Dave the Atheist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 08:08PM

I made a post asking that they look into bigotrious (like that word?) comments by pro-Mormons too. We'll see what happens.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 08:14PM

Date: October 29, 2011 08:34PM

lol

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 12:48PM

has a "charactors" feel to it that is adorable.

Date: October 30, 2011 08:40PM

Once I applied to be a pharmecuticist assistant. (I was only 17 at the time -- I've improved with age.) :)

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 08:13PM

There are plenty of immature and inappropriate comments from both sides. I think some censoring is in order, but I really hope they don't take it to far.People should be able to express unpopular opinions, but I prefer they do it without personal insults.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 08:14PM

Looks like a reasonable idea, to me.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 08:31PM

There are other venues to lash out and yell.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 09:44PM

I've only ever had one comment removed, and it was a vicious, mean spirited and hilarious jab at Mormonism.

Besides that, they have left up comments I made about temple ceremonies and a whole slew of other fun stuff about Mormonism, Christians and liberals.

I had to throw that last one in :)

Edit: Generally, they don't censor too heavily, even with the new regulations. I know one of the people who is in charge of monitoring the commentary and according to him they try very hard not to censor legitimate comments, even if they are attacking in nature.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 12:07AM by snb.

Date: October 29, 2011 10:15PM

Posted by: Veritas ( )
Date: October 29, 2011 11:15PM

"Viscous" comments must be honey coated.

Date: October 30, 2011 12:07AM

haha!

You caught me. Thanks for the edit and the laugh. :)

Posted by: staind ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:00AM

Is this a surprise to you? Powers that be have the right to censor as they please. It's done shamelessly here, which is fine. It's clearly explained that outside views are not welcome here.

Just find it humorous when the RFM faithful get up in arms over behavior that they say openly partake in. We mirror the church here so closely sometimes it's scary. Guess it's not out of our system.

Date: October 30, 2011 02:32AM

Who is this "we" of whom you speak? I don't recognize your moniker.

Date: October 30, 2011 11:23AM

Why is that important?

It might have been a while since I've seen it, but I do recognize the name.

Date: October 30, 2011 11:27AM

I find it interesting that I don't recognize this person's moniker and yet this person feels they can speak for the RfM group -- or at least that's what it looks like to me.

I get offended when people try to speak for me.

Date: October 30, 2011 11:30AM

I don't think he was speaking for the RFM group, rather, he was just making a comment on the nature of things here.

Either way, just so you know, I think I remember the name, but it has been a long time since I've seen it.

Maybe I'm just remembering the awesome rock group instead, I don't know. :)

Date: October 30, 2011 11:32AM

Date: October 30, 2011 12:03PM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 08:42PM

I agree with Rebekah....don't like generalities....and it has been while since that moniker was here. Guess he is checking in.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 11:32AM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:02PM

He/she has been around for a while. Everyone gets an opinion whetehr it is popular or not.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:50AM

Does anyone else wish there was a way to cue a sound clip of a cholicy baby when you read posts like this?

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 10:13AM

It's clearly explained that outside views are not welcome here.

wow been here MANY years and dont recall this being the case!
and what do you mean "outside" define it please. i doubt you will though....... lets see........
just sayin!

Date: October 30, 2011 11:28AM

Well, yeah, it is clearly explained in the rules. Outside views are absolutely not accepted and are censored.

From the rules:

"This is not a debate board for Mormons to defend the faith. Mormons have many other venues to debate and proclaim their religion. Please allow us our little corner of cyberspace."

Pro-Mormon feelings and ideals fall squarely outside of the realm of this website. Thus, if you defend the faith or post pro-Mormon thoughts, they generally get deleted.

And there is nothing wrong with this! The rules are clearly defined and justified, since this is a recovery website.

You've never seen this happen?

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 12:01PM

he is the one useing a word that could mean MANY things.... so i am/was predicting that no clarification would/will be made....you assume snb that it is a Mormon defense of the faith that is "outside"...but you didnt write the post...
just sayin

Date: October 30, 2011 12:06PM

I guess I saw the part of the comment where he mentioned that it is clearly explained and assumed he meant the rules for preaching Mormonism.

You are right though, I'll give you that, there was a fair bit of assuming going on. Thanks for calling me on it :)

Date: October 30, 2011 11:29AM

And in fairness, I think the Trib will delete most preaching and proselytizing too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 11:29AM by Rebeckah.

Posted by: staind ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 08:13PM

Wasn't meaning to lump the whole community in to my opinion (although, again, many here lump the whole Mormon community in to one definition which is laughable).

Just making the point that this place is pretty guarded about what it allows (yes I've been here for years, just frequent less these days) to be discussed.

In addition, we (i.e. many here) are notorious for our return and report missions of sabatoging mo-friendly sights under the guise of a sincere investigator or believing member. These reports are met with all kinds of cyber "high five's" and pats on the back. Yet we (many here:) despise the trolling that goes on here almost daily.

It's a fascinating community here. Tons of respect for a lot of people here. Just happens to be a lot of the pot and kettle syndrome that goes on here. Just an observation. I will be more careful about use of the word "we".

Date: October 30, 2011 08:43PM

Thank you. In return, I'll try to be less sensitive about thinking people are trying to speak for me.

:)

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 11:30AM

It's better than comments on DesertedNews. Those are 100% moderated, which means that nothing gets posted until cleared by a moderator. Moderators screen out anything that opposes Mormonism, no matter how respectfully or politely it may be written. One might get away with commenting on a Mormon in the news, such as someone who commits a crime, but they don't publish anything contradictory to TSCC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.