Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: justawho ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:38PM

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a30045603/wavering.
Looks like the Rommey could backfire.Or will peeps like her just put it on the shelf

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: familyfirst ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:49PM

This is what happens when people are given a choice to make an informed decision...the information is stunted, lied about, white washed and ignored then when the facts come out, and people are honest enough to consider it, their 'testimonies' are shaken.

Shaken is not a bad thing.

All the other churches in Christianity have had their ugly past revealed and studied in schools and are published for all to read and study.

Since the LDS church aka organization wants to keep people in a strangle hold (and their are in a strangle hold), by insisting that they are the only right church, the only one with the restored, completed gospel as opposed to being a church who believes their way is the best way (which is acceptable) it has to cover up its inglorious past of sins, lies, deceits and murders (yes murders) because no one could swear to it be the ONLY true church on earth.

The slogan, "The church is perfect, the people aren't" would not hold up against the facts of the antics of the founding people of the LDS church.

Posted by: rmw ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:52PM

Seriously this is great. This is exactly what some of us here were hoping the Romney campaign would accomplish. Exposing members to their own history and doctrine. I was glad to see in the comments many others expressing their struggle with this information as well. I only read a couple of pages of comments and sure some of them were nauseating but I am impressed that at least some of this information makes it past the brainwashing. I remember her feelings well. I wish I could talk to her myself and tell her that it's all gonna be alright.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 03:14PM

The last thing that this "church" needs is scrutiny. Drawing attention to itself is the last thing TSCC needs. It's only after you look that you see. Romney and "And I'm a Mormon" are making people look. Once they look they see.

To be faithful, one must not look.

Posted by: omen ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 04:14PM

+1

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 03:35PM

because you'll probably lose your testimony. One poster even referenced the red pill, blue pill analogy.

It seems it's more of a "yes, there's bad stuff out there, mormon history is shady, so stay away from it, and instead read the scriptures and pray."

I guess that works for some people. To me, it seems "(fingers ears) la la la." And why wouldn't someone wonder why their feelings are more valid than other people's feelings.....

"It's what I feel, and I'm sticking with it. I don't care about other people." I've actually heard that a number of times....

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 03:39PM

I've heard that many times, too. It always seems to be the product of fear.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 04:09PM

My favorite comment - "And yeah that guy who called the church a cult was being ridiculous.  He obviously has no idea what the definition of a cult is.". Just keep sipping the Koop-aid, sister.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 04:32PM

I am seeing cracks in the foundation...glory be..pay lay ale...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.