Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: longtallsally ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:39AM

I saw Monson on TV today when I happened to be around people who were watching a BYU special about David O McKay. Monson flashed the creapiest smile when he talked about correcting the editing errors of McKay. He said something about getting to know someone well when you correct their errors and then flashed this smile that to me spoke volumes about his place in the great chain of being. Major creep factor alert. Just saying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 08:55AM

Big ol'teeth.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 08:56AM

The members paid for 'em, may as show 'em off.

Date: October 31, 2011 11:58AM

Sometimes when one is attempting to hide one's feelings, a fleeting facial expression can expose those feelings to an observer. That is what I detected on Monson's face during the commentary that was shown on a program about David O McKay on BYU TV. So I'm doing some eldercare for my parents and don't usually watch these programs, okay, but just happened to be watching this one yesterday. . .

What I saw was pretty interesting. Monson was commenting about editing the work of David O Mckay when McKay was Prez of the church. He said that you can get to know someone when you correct their errors and then Monson flashed this really creapy smile that I would associate with a con-man--someone trying to pull something over on someone and being caught. . . the smile was gone in a very brief flash and Monson went on in his more ordinary drone way. But I wondered about the con-man smile--was it because prez of the church is supposedly talking to/for god and shouldn't be making errors and Monson was admitting there were errors--or was he just gloating about one-upping (correcting errors) of the person supposedly talking to god
don't know . . .but I think he was caught out there on tape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2011 02:48AM by longtallsally.

Date: November 01, 2011 02:51AM

top--I heavily edited my comment just above and thought I would float it to the top

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 10:09AM

Date: November 01, 2011 01:43PM

I think you summed it up better than I did, FreeRose.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.