Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheri ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 11:22AM

May I just say that y’all are awesome? This board is so enlightening, entertaining, and often heartbreaking all at once. I started lurking here when our son converted, hoping to gain insight into his new self - to try to understand his new language, attitudes, desires, beliefs, motivation, perspective, and more.

Check. AND…as an extra bonus, I’ve learned how NOT to push him away thanks to your perspective and advice on how to deal with your TBM family when you leave.

For families of converts, you might appreciate how this hits home but the shoe is on the other foot. So many times I have found myself cheering your thoughts, feelings and suggestions so helpfully shared with one another when your parents are devastated, cannot accept your non-belief, and generally cross the line. Then it dawns on me…oh wait, that’s me. I’m that parent, haranguing and scoffing, disrespectful of our son’s beliefs. It must hurt him terribly.

Thank you for this mirror…it’s not a pleasant image.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 11:28AM

luckily i am not in your position.... i hope you casn get him to see the light!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.