Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 11:25AM

I work as a buyer or purchasing agent. I am constantly visited by salespeople pushing their wares and most of the time I don't mind. I work in the Morridor but because of the industry I work in I don't get a lot of TBMs visiting me.

The other day I received a visitor, no prior call to see if my time was available, just dropped by kind of like a home teacher. He wasted about 45 minutes of my time trying to sell me something I was not in the market to buy. He was one of those Mormons that grate on me like fingernails on a chalkboard. He talks very quietly, wears a CTR ring, and the entire time he was here I just wanted to slap him.

Two days later, he drops by again, unannounced, no call to see if I am available, just drops by. I tolerated him once again but I am becoming very annoyed with this guy.

Two days later he does it again, this time bringing some other guy with him trying to sell a related product. He got the other guy to come with him on the premise that he had an "in" with me and since he knew me he could get the other guy in too. This time was too much. I finally lost it and I told him that he cannot keep just dropping by like this with no call to see if I am available. I told him he is selling something that I am not in the market for and he keeps coming by unannounced and wasting my time and it has to stop. I told him that if he wants to discuss something with me in the future he needs to call first to see if I have time to talk because I will not see him again without an appointment first.

Now I admit if he was not someone who annoyed the hell out of me because of his idiocy in advertising his screwed up religion by wearing a CTR ring that shows his maturity level and his mannerism that I am sure he thinks makes him seem oh so righteous, I would probably not have lost it with him like I did. But people like him just drive me crazy and I would not have purchased his product even if his price had been the lowest and his service the best around if I were in the market for it simply because of who he is and how he portrays himself. Oh I would not penalize my company if he was offering the best price and service for a product I was in need of, I would simply call his office and tell them that I want their product but they need to send a different sales person because I cannot work with him. But I don't need to worry about that because he is not offering anything I am looking for at present but still, gawd he drove me crazy!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:07PM

Three sales calls within a five day period is just nuts! You would think that it would dawn on him that he might be annoying a prospective customer.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:33PM

He probably thought you were a good prospect because EVERYBODY ELSE chucks him out much, much sooner!

Think of like the green missionary who thinks anybody who invites him and his companion into their home twice is ready for baptism.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:59PM

He's 18 years older, the firstborn, and always talks in that soft LDS leader voice. He tries to steer every conversation toward something church-related. I get this feeling that every second of every day he's trying to earn his way into the VIP room of the celestial kingdom, and that he's disappointed he hasn't has his calling and election made sure yet. It's a weird combination of self-righteousness and desperation. And he's incredibly boring.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.