Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 12:41PM

Left the trappings of UT and TBM family years and years ago...so much healthier for our whole family. Aside from Mormonism there were issues with TBM in-laws over the 'family' business which really amounted to FIL working his sons like slaves (literally), while he and MIL reaped all the rewards and kept everyone else just above the poverty line. We really have no issues with this..we are happy as we are, and don't care what they do with their money since they lost their hold over DH years ago. In any case, last year MIL informs us they bought a vacation house in St. George...she emphasized "it's just a small house". One day, out of curiosity I got on Google and was able to end up finding the sales info on this new "small" house along with a number of photos. Well the house is not "small" by anyone's standards and happens to be bigger than the permanent dwelling of MIL and FIL as well as the roomy house they raised 7 kids in. The house even has a small house for a servant attached to it (can't recall the Spanish name for this.) So the house is not small by any means and it is the biggest one in the new development they built it in in St. George. No prob..whatever. But last night it was so funny because MIL mentions the house again in St. George and emphasizes how SMALL it is.

She's lying through her teeth and it really is sort of funny because she has no idea we know it. I suppose she may feel guilty about the 10 dollar b'day gifts she sends to her grandkids...I'm not sure...lol

The lenghths people will go through.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 12:50PM

You have two choices here, both of which, happily, will bug MIL. Next time she mentions her "small" house say...

1) It didn't look that small when I googled pictures of it on the internet or

2) Yes, I googled pictures of it on the internet - It is small. Are you sure you'll be happy in a fixer-upper like that?

Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:39PM

LOL...that is SO funny CA girl; especially the second choice. I don't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing I Googled it...or I'd take your suggestion!

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:11PM

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:32PM

Just for fun... You might add that it looked like it used to be a carriage house or a stable and ask if it still smells like horses.

Or not...

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:43PM

Did the other wives live in the smaller house?

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:43PM

Oh, what a darling casita that is! Who lives in the big house next to it? Are they nice?

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 03:04PM

Ask her how many square feet it is. And how many bedrooms it has. Of course, she could respond with, "I'm not sure, I can't remember." But anybody who buys a house knows exactly how many square feet it is. Especially if the purchase is recent.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 03:09PM

If you don't have it already, it's easy enough to find out the purchase price (since it's a matter of public record.) Some municipalities or counties put the records online, and for others all you have to do is to call the appropriate government office.

Do you want to take bets about how much of their assets your inlaws will leave to their kids (as opposed to say, the church?) lol

I love Google!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 03:18PM

You beat me to it summer.

Get the square footage and the selling/tax appraisal. Copy the google picture. Email MIL back with all said info.

"This is small, mom?" “Family party at moms!” Copy the whole family.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 03:22PM

:-)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 03:39PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.