Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:21PM

I still know more then I want to about too many neighbors. It's sad to think that most of these people went into their bishop thinking their problems would be kept confidential. Word spreads fast, especially in small towns and now THIS apostate knows too much.

I would move in a heart beat if I could. Anyone else burdened with small town gossip? I hate it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 07:45PM

After living several years in a small town, I got to know things about people. It wasn't so much gossip, but it was from my own dealings with them over the years.

And yes, it did affect how I saw them. I remembered when they cheated me (or tried to), or how they conducted their business with me (I owned a store in the town), or when something happened in their family (ex., a death or illness), some trouble with the law (as reported in the newspaper), etc.

It got to the point that I knew something about almost everybody who walked by on the street. Instead of making me feel like a part of a close community, that much information actually made me uncomfortable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.