Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 09:57PM

How much time does it take for the various activities in the temple? I see that teenagers get to do baptisms--how much time would this take? How long for the endowments and for sealings?

For those who went regularly, how much time did you spend a month doing temple stuff?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scuba ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 02:08AM

I'd say about 2 hours tops for Endowments. It really depends on whether you get there just before a session started or not, though. If you just missed one you might have to wait a while to get into the next session.

During my TBM years I went twice a month, so about 4 hours total in there doing Endowments.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 02:47AM

I know I much preferred the good old days when the ward temple trip meant an annual coach trip to London.

Then the b****rds spent £50M of tithing money building one on my doorstep and suddenly we were expected to go at least monthly.

Posted by: justanotherprettypiece ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 02:52AM

How long would you stay in London? A few days? A week?

Where is the temple in London? My parents wanted to see it when they came to visit but I told them it was on the outskirts of London cause that's what I thought. But I also really didn't want to see it.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 02:55AM

One night only.

And it's not in London at all, not even on the outskirts. It's in another county, a few miles south of London, and really not worth a visit.

Posted by: Yorkie ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 05:25AM

Hey,I remember those days too when we made the overnight coach trip to the London Temple before the "Preston" (in reality Chorley) temple was built. To me it was a day trip out & we had some fun on the coach, the downside was we were expected to do 3 endowment sessions straight after each other. That was sheer torture even more so then as it was before the 1990 changes & the sessions were even longer than they are now.
I only ever did that a couple of times, then I got wise & started bunking off one or two of the sessions, but always felt guilty on the way home when the High Council member in charge came round asking everybody how many sessions they'd done & everybody said 3 except me who'd meekly reply 1 or 2. I felt guilty because "I'd taken the place of someone who could have done more work than I did". Fortunately I now realise how stupid I was to feel that way.

On another note, I was at the re-dedication ceremony of the London Temple at the session it was announced a new temple was to be built in the Preston area, & remember all the excitement about it & the progress of it being built.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 10:03AM

"I felt guilty because "I'd taken the place of someone who could have done more work than I did".

Nothing screams cult louder! Guilt into submission and conformity. Sorry you had to endure that.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 03:16AM

about the same amount of time it takes to arrive on Kolob. Unless you take jet blue. that will take you an eternity!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 09:21AM

They really need to bring back the pre-1990 presentation for good ole times, maybe just on Halloween.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.